CHAPTER 24

Zeheb peppered the face of her daughter with pecks as she clenched on the clothe if her mother , taking in the soft warmth of Zeheb which provided her comfort in this anxious situation.

"Let's put an end to it . Spill the name of the chemical and Voila ! Your daughter will be free " Khalid hissed.

"Fine-but before that , send Mahfuzah away somewhere with Augustus. Far away from you so that I know she is indeed safe " Zeheb said.

"Come on , Augustus is my man . If I would want to finish off your daughter he would do it for me anyways, so there is no need to think that going away is the only way her safety will be guaranteed. You better trust my words . That's the only way" Khalid told her .

And Zeheb looked down thinking. She didn't wanted to trust Augustus knowing that Augustus is very loyal to Zayan , and he could do anything for him but a part of her heart said that he can go against all the people for her . The voices were so loud in her head making her drown in dilemma.

"Will I die?" Her daughter asked in a little voice and Zeheb's eyes got teary thinking about her loosing the little soul which lied in her embrace.

"Will she die ?" Khalid asked while gently holding Mahfuzah's hand and pulling her towards him . Zeheb tightly held Khalid's hand with a glare.

"Leave her hand Khalid !" She warned.

"What about a no ? Afterall she is my daughter too right ?" Khalid asked , while tallying the age of the little girl with the incident which happened 7 years ago .

"Only mine !" Zeheb angrily spat .

Augustus's focus was elsewhere . He had gone to the side to search for the light switch of the main house .

"It's downstairs" a whisper was heard from the side and he was startled . He look aside only to find Iyyad .

"Iyyad what are you doing here ?" She whispered with a sharp yell.

"I came here to know what's the party going in my outhouse without my permission and apparently it turned out to be Khalid just taking up my space for his personal entertainment of killing people" Iyyad shrugged.

"Either way , I have judged the whole situation from the talks" Iyyad said and Augustus just decided to ignore his words and go downstairs. It wasn't much of a shock for him to know that , after all Iyyad was a mastermind and his brain was very sharp to process things .

"Stay there to grab your family and run . I will switch off the fuse" Iyyad recommended after a few seconds and Augustus gave a firm nod while running back upstairs .

He saw that Zeheb was nowhere near surrendering to Khalid and holding her daughter close to her chest .

"What's the name of the poison you gave my family ?" Khalid asked .

"It's —"before she could say , the lights switched off and Augustus quickly ran and wrapped his body around Zeheb.

*Bang*

A gun shot's voice ecoed and Zeheb quickly touched her own body in the dark only to feel nothing.  She was fine . An arm wrapped around her and Augustus held her close to his body and Mahfuzah in his arm while running out of the place .

"Close the doors !" Khalid hissed but rucus was everywhere as the men started lighting up their phone's lights to see in the dark.

Khalid did the same too , as his hand was shaking from anger . He switched on the torch, and pointed it on the place where Zeheb was but the spot was empty just few drops of scarlet blood was down there on the ground .