Part 1

Darkness never comforted me. At least that was the case since I have been a little girl. That has been until he left me. Until then, I was so scared of darkness. Not knowing what is lurking in them. But they are just our fears, our imagination. The worst can happen to you in daylight also. And effect of it would be so bad that you feel like being in darkness even when you are standing in the bright sunlight. So I kept my eyes close for some time. But I had to open them to start my day and to live my life without him.
            Grudgingly, I opened my eyes taking note of my surrounding. It was the same room I was staying in for so long. In one glance, no one can say anything changed. But I could tell. And most prominent was the coldness of bed beside me. I sighed pushing all those thoughts at back of my mind and went with my morning routine. After shower, I needed my daily dose of coffee.
         Just as i had poured myself a cup, I sensed someone coming towards me. Glancing upward, I noticed the person standing in front of me. He came towards me, hugged me tightly. Kissing my cheek he said, "Happy Valentine's day." I was stunned for a moment. It was not because the bright smile on his face but it was because of the day. Valentine's Day. The day of love. The day on which people usually tell their beloved one how much they love them, how much that beloved mean in their life. But The one guy I only and truly love was not with me. 
            I regained my calm posture and placed a fake smile on my face. I used it frequently those days. I poured him a cup of coffee as well and sat in front of him. "Happy Valentine's day to you too sweetheart." I said caressing his cheek. His face lit up probably by seeing me smiling or maybe it was because I called him sweetheart. I used to call him by pet names more. And that time the smile on my face was genuine.
        He took sip of coffee and nodded in approval. And just be that I knew that he liked it and it was just like he usually preferred. "So mom, what do you want to do today? Umm we can watch your favorite movies. Or can go to eat outside. What do you say?" He asked me. I was surprised by his question. My teenage son wanted to spend Valentine's Day with me? That would surprise any mother. Especially if you knew that there is girl in your son's life. He never told me but I just knew it by his behavior.  It's like mother instinct. He must want to spend his Valentine's day with that special someone then why??.........
        Then I realised what he was trying to do. He knew it was first Valentine i was spending after his father.. ...... He left us. My heart warmed at this thought. My baby had become so thoughtful. He was turning out just like his father. I felt him shaking me breaking my thoughts. "Mom?? Mom u there? You didn’t answer my question. "
          I looked at him and asked " you want me to be your Valentine? " He just smiled cutely and nodded. I pulled his cheek and questioned "so does this means your girlfriend said no to be your Valentine? " His eyes went wide and He looked like he couldn't believe what I had just said. "Mom how..... how did you knew?? I mean what are you talking about? I don’t know what you are saying. “, He replied and went back to drinking coffee trying to hide his blush. I laughed and said " Ashish you honestly didn’t thought I wouldn’t notice it. Did you? The late night phone calls. Your expression when you texted on your phone. You sneaking out gift in morning. And everything else. I am your mother. I knew it. "
        "You guessed it right just by these little things. Only you mom. Only you can do that.",He wandered. And then noticing my raised eyebrows he realised that he admitted that he had girlfriend.  His eyes widened again. "Mom that’s not fair. You always do that. Always make me confess. Wait till I tell dad about it." he stopped abruptly.
              I gulped coffee willing that tears didn’t well up in my eyes. When my eyes met him, I saw the fear and panic in them. Fear that I would break down just like I did recently. Until that point I didn’t realised how much my crying affected him. I didn’t want him hurting like I was. So I told him " Akshay would have teased you so much. And he would have told you to take your girlfriend on a date. Impress her. I am sure she is expecting it. And don’t worry about me sweetheart. I will be fine now go and enjoy today." I added last bit when I saw him opening his mouth to protest.
"You sure mom? I could stay with you. I know must miss dad today. You both celebrated this day together no matter what. "
"I am sure Ashish. I will be fine. And remember I want to meet this girl. So bring her home on this weekend. ok?"
" mom." He whined.
" no whining. I want to meet her. You understand? " I used my stern tone.
              He squirmed in his seat and nodded. He kissed my cheek again and went inside to get ready. After a while he came back. He made quite effort while getting ready. Being as careless about his attire as he was, I expected him to come out in casual jeans and t shirt. but in dark jeans, red button down shirt and leather jacket, he looked handsome. When he saw me in same spot he left me, he was surprised. He stood there for a whole minute thinking about something and then sighed. I honestly thought there was something making him sad but then he went past me and pulled out a box of chocolate from fridge. I understood what he was thinking.
            "Mom take care of yourself. And call me if you need anything. Okay?" He declared once he grabbed his bike keys. I nodded my head knowing that was enough answer for him. After one quick kiss on cheek and bye, he was out of house. Whatever life was present in the house, Ashish took it with him. After he left, the house looked empty and cold. His presence made this house happy and warm. It made me forget my pain for a while. I sat there in absolute silence but it became unbearable. So I began dusting the house. It was something that I needed to do and it would keep me occupied for a while.
            It worked great until I came to the picture wall. Akshay gave it that name. It was covered with our pictures. All three of us. This wall was showing the sequence of pictures from start of our relationship. It wasn’t like that always. The pictures in frames on the wall vary from time to time. Sometimes it was all of Ashish. Sometimes only of two of us and sometimes three of us. It was favorite thing of Akshay to do. Last time, he placed the pictures showing our relationship from start to now.
            I stared at it for some time and then started clearing it glass one by one. Each photo reminding me of thousand memories. The first was me, Askshay and his parents. It was taken when we announced we were getting engaged. Next one was of our engagement. We both looked so happy in that. The pictures progressed showing various steps of our life. Our wedding. Me pregnant with Ashish. Us with newborn Ashish. His childhood photos. School achievements. Our romantic vacation few years back. It was like my whole life was present on the wall telling our story through pictures.
            As I was cleaning and observing frames, I couldnt hold my tears in. All the pictures was happy except the last one. It was showing three of us. We were smiling but the sorrow and tension was clear in the picture. But we were together. It was the last picture we took with him. At hospital. He didnt come home after that. I couldnt understand who put it there. I just stood there staring at it for who know how long.
         The shrilling doorbell shook me out of that trance. I wiped my eyes and collected myself. No one had to see me like that. Opening my door I saw a young man standing there.
"Hello ma’am, I am from Tina's flowers. I am looking for Mrs. Priya shinde." That man in blue uniform said
"Yes that would be me.", I confirmed.
"Oh ma’am, I have a delivery for you. Can you please sign here?" He replied holding a pad and pen forward. Puzzled I signed and returned it.
        And then he handed me a bouquet. And not any bouquet. It was bouquet of red and white roses. But there was only one man in the world that would send me this bouquet and it’s impossible to think that he would do that. I looked up to ask that man who send that bouquet. But he was nowhere to be found. After closing door and placing that bouquet on table, I sat there stunned. Who would send me this? Only Akshay sent me this bouquet but he couldn't have send it that time. Dead people dont send their love flowers on Valentine day. Then who?????

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
Hello people, 
I tried writing after a long time. I had this idea for some time but was busy to write about it. But now that I had write it, please tell me how it is.
Vote,  comment and suggest.  ♥
   I would love to hear from you. Share this story if you like it. It would really mean a world to me. Thank you so much for checking my story.
~MystryGirl