I: Awake

...

Falling.

That is the last thing she remembered.

But instead of meeting a crushing fate, it all faded away. Instead, the warm kiss of sunlight and blades of grass brushed against her face.

Along with other sounds of the forest, birds, and rustling leaves. The sound of hurried footsteps quickly filled her pointed ears, but she was too tired her body refused to get up, and her eyes refused to open. She was knocked out cold, defenseless.

Was it a monster? Here to finish her off? Or something worse?

But instead of meeting a malice presence like she thought she would, a soft hand graced the side of her face gently, brushing the hair away from her features.

Gathering the strength she had, the princess's eyes tugged open slightly, the bright sun blocking her vision. But it was soon shadowed by a figure looming over her.

Zelda's dazed emerald eyes met with a concerned and confused pair of e/c eyes.

She though she was looking at a guardian angel.

"...Link?" she let out, the feeling of dizziness washing over her once more; eventually, her hazed eyes broke contact with the one looming over her. Causing Zelda's lips to turn downward.

"Your Majesty, over here."

"What? Oh dear."

Zelda's eyes slipped back close, her mind not yet ready to wake up; paying no attention to the sounds of more footsteps coming her way.

But the comforting presence of the one who found her went away.

...

When her mind eventually came to, her eyes fluttered open, with her mind now awake she was able to focus on the environment around her. She was in a forest, lush and green.

She was also not alone.

Alarmed by the two souls beside her. She bolts up and scrambles back, looking at the pair strangely.

"Where am I?" she demanded, now getting a good look at the two, her senses on high alert.

The woman looked at Zelda softly, "we didn't mean to startle you, I'm sorry."

She placed her hand on her chest to introduce herself as nonthreatening at she could, trying to comfort the confused girl.

"It's okay." she spoke softly, her voice smooth "My name is Sonia."

"And could we ask what your name is?" The other being spoke, Zelda's eyes went wide in wonder as she looked at... was he a Zonai?

"I-I... am the daughter of King Rhoam of Hyrule. Zelda."

The princess states matter-of-factly, holding her hands close to her chest in defense. Still uneasy from the past events.

Sonia and her partner's face share the same confusion.

"what an unexpected answer." He spoke "We are the king and queen of Hyrule, after all. Or at least we were last time I checked."

They look at each other with a small smile on their features, only causing Zelda more confusion

how could they be the king and queen of Hyrule? That's impossible-

"you two founded Hyrule? And you're the King?" Zelda asks the Zonai. Leaning forward, her thick eyebrows stitched together in confusion and shock.