Revelation

Eda's heart was full and content

Eda's heart was full and content. Utter bliss filled her as Serkan and her spent days away from work and from the world. Rediscovering intimacy and their love, talking to each other like it was Antalya all over again and sharing so much in that tiny caravan.

The man she loved so deeply was back to her, and he probably did all this to amend for the hellish pain she went through during his disparition and amnesia.

Serkan stired the fire outside as she took two cups out and was about to pour them tea. They had no sugar anymore but Eda was sure they brought a spare packet. She bent and opened the caravan's bottom cupboard, and instead of spare groceries, a brown enveloppe lay there.

She rose, opening it, it seemed to be a scan, a brain scan on Serkan's name. Not thinking anything else but routine check up, he did a lot of those after his plane crash and that airport incident he recently had, Eda began reading through it mindlessly.

Her eyes froze on the word "tumor". She read it again. Her heart beating fast against her ribcage. She forced herself to read again, surely, she was mistaken and her breathing accelerated.

"Serkan ?" Her heart called out in distress. She stepped down from the caravan, each step feeling as if she was floating out of her own body.

"Bu ne ?" She asked, confusion etched on her face, hoping he'd explain, relieve her of the growing pressure on her heart.

Serkan turned to Eda at her voice and froze seeing his results in her hands. That was it, he'd delayed it enough. Trying to create happy and blissfull memories, unable to face reality.

He gulped, fear etched on his face as he looked between the documents and her face.

Eda's breath itched as his silence spoke the loudest. Her heart squeezed violently in her chest and her breathing accelerated, she looked at him, and then the documents in distress, holding back onto the caravan with one hand for support.

She tried to speak but her lips moved with no sound being able to pass the lump in her throat. Eda sank to the ground, her face marred with pain, her breathing uneven.

Serkan's entire world crumbled at the sight. This is what he didn't want. Hurt her again. Damage her pure soul even more.

He was at her side in a quick stride, reaching for her hands as the enveloppe fell from them, he squeezed them as they trembled and she struggled to breath. His heart broke, she was having a panic attack.

"Eda, bak bana, breath, breath in, breath out.." He gently soothed, just lile he had, what felt like a lifetime ago on that plane.

She looked at him, her eyes full of distress and pain. "Breath in, breath out." Serkan soothed, drawing gently circles on her knuckles, the irony of his words slapping him in the face.

"I can't breath without you." She had said not too long ago. It was only logical that she struggled to breath at the fear of losing him.

"Gel." He pulled her to him, not knowing what else to offer in confort and he felt her hold on so tightly, as if, if she held him tight enough, the cruel world wouldn't snatch him for her.

He felt her sob against him and his heart utterly broke. She didn’t deserve this. He kissed the side of her head and stroked her back.

"Eda, don't cry. Don’t cry like this, lütfen. I can't bear it." He poured, his own eyes filling.

Eda's heart ached with the injustice. She had just gotten him back. She had longed for him for months. She had been patient and resilient. How could their fate be this cruel ?

She burried herself in his chest, weeping her heart's pain. She still remembered the thought of him dead way too well, the long nights spent crying for him in his absence way too well. She couldn't do it again. Not again. She wasn't sure she could survive losing him again.

"Shh, Eda lütfen." He soothed again, pulling her head back to make her look at him and wiping her wet cheeks, shaking his head in a silent no. He wasn't worth her putting herself in this state. If she reacted like this to the news, Serkan's heart dreaded to imagine the day he'll be gone. She'd be destroyed. He knew it. And he hated himself for it. She didn’t  deserve this much pain. He didn’t even care about his own life, he just couldn't fathom the idea of being away from her and leaving her to cry and long for him yet another time.

"Why didn’t you tell me before ? The caravan, the wishes, what is all this Serkan ? We should be at the Hospital, getting you treatement, you need the best of treatement, you can't be playing caravan life with me like this, sacmalama Serkan." She rambled, her hands going up in the air in distress.

Serkan held them. "Eda, Eda... sakin ol." He calmed, and his hands cradled her face, gently stroking it like it was the most precious thing in the universe, and to him, perhaps, it was.

"I just wanted to collect happy memories with you, make you happy. Sen çok seviyorum güzelim benim, I didn’t know how to tell you, didn’t want to hurt you. Can you blame me for it ?" Serkan asked and her heart ached and broke. She nodded in a no and hugged him again, trying not to cry but failing.

"You'll be okay, you'll be okay. I know you will. You'll fight, for us, and you'll be okay Serkan, you can't leave me." She wept what would become her mantra for the next few months and Serkan sighed, holding her to him.

.....

This story will be a set of fill-in scenes between the end of season 1 and season 2. Hande and Kerem's acting in those few flashbacks was amazing, I'm a sucker for Edser angst and cancer era provided potential that wasn't fully explored. I don’t know if I'll stick to canon or not, we'll see.

Is anyone interested ?