Ch. 1 - Shadows of the Night

Shadow was walking on a dark, rainy night, with the sound of thunder in the background. Something catches his eye, hopefully a chaos emerald; he's been looking for one for quite a long time now. Shadow looks out to see a mysterious figure, in the distance. He approaches quietly, ready for anything. The hedgehog tries to get a good look at the figure's face. At first, he cant, as the figure is facing away from him. But soon enough, the mysterious figure turns to face Shadow. A flash of lightning illuminates the surroundings, revealing to Shadow that the figure is a female hedgehog, wearing a beautiful green necklace.

Shadow looks at her, confused.

Why is the woman so mysterious?

Why is she walking around, alone, on such a dark and stormy night?

Shadow gets lost in thought, overwhelmed with questions.

Why does she seem....familiar?

And why is he....drawn to her..?

The woman smiles, seeming quite kind. Though, wondering who you are and why you've approached her. She speaks delicately.
"And.....who are you?"

Shadow snaps back to reality and looks at her, blinking rapidly before speaking.
"My name is Shadow. Shadow The Hedgehog, I am the Ultimate Lifeform. The real question is...who are you? And why are you out here alone at such a late hour?"

"Shadow, hm? Nice name. My name is Y/N, I'm visiting from the next town over." She says, smiling.

She seems to have dodged the question.

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. What brings you here?" He speaks slowly, his focus on her necklace.

It looks like...a chaos emerald?

The woman notices his gaze, and hides her necklace under her shirt. "Nothing important."