CHAPTER 25

Zayan's pov

After dinner , we both were resting in the room . My phone had been ringing for the past 5 hours and I didn't care enough to give it a second glance .  My whole focus was on Inara who kept talking about how wonderfully her day was spent .

After listening to her , I remembered that one of my wish in childhood was to visit Taj Mahal and it was accomplished now .

"We should go to sleep now . I am tired and tomorrow we have to head back to Delhi too afterall" Inara said.

"We can take a rest of one day and then go to Delhi" I suggested but she just shook her head lightly .

"No , it's already very late . I am missing ammi and abbu too , and I want to meet Zubair afterall this long time" Inara explained to me and just gave a little nod as a sign of agreement. I knew she was attached to her family so it was obviously a big deal for her to be away from the family for so many months .

"Okay sleep for some time I will come back in few minutes" I told her wanting to go and check my phone which I had kept on silent mode.

"Oh" her face fell.

'Do she want me to stay with her?' I thought for a second .

"Nevermind it's not that important . Let's sleep" I told her and laid on the bed . I can always check my phone later .

If there is any problem , I know Augustus will solve it on my behalf . For now , I just wanted to hold her close and sleep.

------------------

I wish life was as easy as me saying ;

"If there is any problem , I know Augustus will solve it on my behalf . For now , I just wanted to hold her close and sleep. "

I had reached home and needless to say I was disappointed. I had been called in a meeting with dad just alone and he told me everything.

Flashback

"Sab theek dad apne urgently bulaya and itne sare call kiye ?(everything is okay dad ? You called me urgently and left so many missed calls too?" I asked him while seating down . His face was enough to give me the idea that he was pissed.

"Were you dead yesterday? I called you so many times , yet you didn't dare to pick my phone up" Dad asked in anger .

"I am sorry . A thief stole it and I had to track him down and kill him to get the phone — as soon as I got the message I came here" I lied. I didn't dare to tell him the truth . I can't bear to let him know that I have a weakness now .

"Lies" He simply said and my eyes widened for a second .

"But that isn't my main concern . You will be punished for it but not now. I have something more important to discuss right now"

'what is this important that dad has decided to spare me for now ?" I thought .

"Do you know the real identity of toothfairy ?" He asked me and I sighed. We are again on this topic . It just makes me realise how failed I am as a mafia leader in general . I will never be able to achieve the level of my father .