loveatfirstsight.

Winter Left, But Spring Came

for riki, you were so, so cool

But for you, Riki is just another boy.

When he first saw you, it was 2 months after ENHYPEN debuted.

He was taking a walk around Han river clearing his mind when he smelled smoke. He saw you, a girl probably his age, smoking as snow fell on your beanie.

he froze on the spot, he's never seen anyone so ethereal. you were only smoking and wearing your wired earphones but to Riki, you were absolutely beautiful.

There was once a saying, you will meet the love of your life at the first snowfall, for the first time in his life, he wished that myth was true.

he flinched when you stood up and pats the snow off your skirt, your eyes met his. you sighed as you walked up to him, your bicycle in hand.

"you saw nothing. you got it?" you said as you pulled his collar, whispering in his ear. not minding how red it was. Riki nodded, after gaining confidence, he asked you "w- what's your name? I'm Riki!" he said after he grabbed your petite body by his shoulder.

You slightly frowned, you only wanted to escape your parent's daily fight, you didn't want to introduce yourself to any random boy who's obviously lovestruck with you.

If only he knew what your life is like, this boy would avoid you for sure.

"is that necessary? we won't even cross paths after this," you said quietly.

Riki shook his head, "well that won't happen 'cause ill be going to this exact spot every night!" he smiled at you, earning a frustrated groan.

"really? you do know it's fucking 1 a.m right now right? don't disturb my calm hours, you fucking jerk!" you said as you pounded his chest, there was a lot on your mind already, you don't need any disturbance, you were frustrated, you wanted to cry or scream but you can't so you made this random boy your age as a way to relieve your anger.

"just.. leave me alone," you muttered slowly.

you expected him to be mad at you, but no, his face matched yours, and he took your hand in his, pulling you to his chest, it was weird but it's also what you needed.

"I'm sorry, vent it all out to me, i may be bad at Korean right now but i can listen to you, you've got a lot in your head right now, huh?" he mumbled, massaging your scalp gently.

all you can do is try your best to get out of his embrace, you stink of cigarettes right now, but a part of you wanted to stay in his comforting embrace, so all you did was sob, letting out all of the emotions, you hugged his tall body.

Riki didn't judge you, all he did was whisper that it was okay or it'll be fine, calling you strong and tough, you were confused, you were a nobody to this boy and yet he was so nice to you, so comforting, so.. precious.

After what felt like hours, you released yourself from his softened embrace, he smiled at you, your red eyes now matching your cheeks.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" he asked gently, but you shook your head.

Before he could say anything, your phone vibrated, a message from your dad demanding you to get home after he found out you sneaked out.

you frowned and sighed, showing Riki your phone,

"pop's mad, i'll be bruised tomorrow if i don't go right now, see you later, riki." you said as you adjust your beanie, and ride your bicycle back home.