A friendship is formed

Michael pov

I had asked Tisha over yesterday so we could get to know each other. She ought to be here any moment now.

"Michael, you have a guest at the door for you", my mother said.

I ran down the stairs.

"Tisha you made it!", I said excitedly.

"Of course I kept my promise".

"Oh umm, mother this is Tisha and her mother Ms. Mona".

"Nice to meet you Mona", said Katherine.

"Come on Tisha, let's go to the backyard".

Tisha followed behind me.

We played hide and seek for a bit until we both got tired.

"So, Tisha tell me a little bit about yourself", I asked.

"For starters my birthday is on October 14th, my favorite color is blue. I was born in Oklahoma City, but raised in Newark, New Jersey. I have 6 siblings".

"Wow 6 siblings", I interrupted her.

"Yea, it's Babydoll, Stanley, Tai, Me & Tichina, Jermaine, then the baby of the family Tiara".

"Have you seen Sesame Street?".

"Yea"

"You most likely saw my older sister Troy or babydoll, as we like to call her- on there.

"Whoa, that's very awesome that your sister is on Sesame Street".

"Oh, I also have a brother named Jermaine. Anyways keep going".

"I also act and I started singing when I was 3".

"3 years old huh, you must've worked really hard".

"I guess you can say that. I thought I could help my family with some of the bills, so I took up singing and acting".

"I guess it's my turn now huh?", I said.

"Yep".

"My birthday is on August 29th, I'm from Gary, Indiana. I have 9 siblings and I adore animals of all kinds".

Tisha chuckled," Wow 9 siblings- I thought 6 was a lot".

"I just have one question. How come you have blonde hair?".

"I inherited it from my grandmother on my mother's side of the family. You see, my mother is mixed-race. Her mother is white while her father is African American."

"When did you land your first acting role?", I questioned.
"I think I was about 6 years old when I got my first acting role. It was called The Big Blue Marble Show.

"I'm sure it was incredible".

"It was, do you wanna hear a funny story".

"Sure".

"So I attended this talent show back in New Jersey. One of the prizes was a colored television. It was the second prize and nobody knew what the first prize was. I ended up winning first place and they gave me a car. I was mad because one I'm only a kid what I'm gonna do with and two I flung the keys to the ground because I saw one of my brothers eating my cheetos".

Both of us laughed.

" You sound like Marlon when we placed second at a talent competition in Gary.

"What was the prize?"

"A colored television".

"Lucky", Tisha said, offended.

" You know what Michael, you're not so bad after all". If it's okay with you, I would really like to become your friend.

"Of course, I would love to become friends with you".