Chapter One: Lila Faye? No, Lila Rossi.

The reflection in the mirror held her gaze, a haunting echo of her features. Green eyes, once hazel, now stared back, their depths shifting like murky waters. The girl's hands trembled as she touched her cheeks, the copy in the mirror doing the same. Was this some twisted illusion? A dream turned into a nightmare.

The world outside seemed to have faded, sounds muffled and distant. The room seemed to close in on her, walls pressing closer, suffocating. Panic clawed at her chest, but she couldn't tear her eyes away from the mirror. Who was she looking at? What happened?

"Lila!" The urgent voice cut through the haze. She flinched, turning toward the sound. A woman stood there; concern etched on her face. Her phone was pressed to her ear, words pouring out in a frantic stream.

"If you don't hurry, you're going to end up being late," the woman said, her voice urgent.

Late? Late for what? Lila's mind spun, memories slipping through her fingers like sand. She didn't know, and right now, it didn't matter. All she knew was that she needed to escape this room, this mirror, this strange place. The woman's worried eyes bore into hers, and Lila nodded, stumbling toward the door.

Without speaking to the woman, she moved past her and exited the room. It felt as if her body was operating independently as if she was not entirely present. One moment she was inside a house, and the next, she found herself across the street. Her eyes darted left and right, taking in her surroundings with urgency. She bumped into people without really noticing them, though she managed to whisper a faint apology. She returned to reality only when her gaze landed on a structure she had only seen in online images.

The Eiffel Tower.

Her breath faltered, abruptly cut off as if an unseen force was strangling her. Her hand shot to her throat, desperately seeking the source of her suffocation, but all she could feel was the frantic beating of her pulse. She sank to her knees on the cobblestones, her fingers clawing at her hair in distress. Her gaze remained fixed on the ground, a silent refusal to confront the reality that loomed above her.

Her chest hurts, she can't breathe...

She can't breathe... Can't breathe... Can't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't breatheCan't—

"Hey, are you okay?"

Hands were gently placed on her shoulders as she sees someone kneeling in front of her, she continues to look at the ground still not looking up.

"I need you to concentrate on my breathing, okay?" The stranger's voice was calm and soothing. Lila nodded, her vision still blurred by tears. She followed their lead, inhaling deeply and exhaling slowly.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Lila didn't even notice how her hands were no longer gripping at her hair and instead were pressed up against someone's chest. She could feel their slow heartbeat as they gently breathed in deeply and out.

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

The tightness in her chest lightened with each passing breath that they did together, with one final breath, Lila was able to breathe much more clearly. Removing her hands from the stranger's chest, she wipes her tears away and looks up at the person who helped her.

"Thank Y—" Her voice got caught in her throat again as she stared into the green eyes of a very familiar model.

Adrien Agreste

Only she didn't know him because of his modeling career.

Lila knew him because he was the secondary protagonist in a TV series called Miraculous Ladybug.

A gasp was heard from her as she pushed herself away from the model before shakily standing up on her own feet. Adrien held out his hands as if not to scare her.

"H-Hey! It's okay, I'm not going to—" However Lila didn't stay around for much longer to hear what the boy had to say before she went off running in a random direction again.

Just what is going on?!

She is somehow in Paris and just met someone who wasn't supposed to exist.

Finding a random alleyway, Lila placed a hand on the wall as she hunched over to catch her breath. Sweat gathered on her brow from all the running she's been doing in such a short amount of time. Placing her back against the brick wall, she slowly slid down to the floor she curled in on herself as if to protect herself from the world.

This wasn't right...

How did she even end up here...

She can't remember...

Lila could feel how her breath was starting to pick up again.

Loud...

Everything was too loud!

Everything sounded too loud, from the chattering people walking by to the sound of cars driving past. Covering her ears, she squeezed her eyes shut while practically burying her head in her knees as she tried to muffle the sounds.

She wants to go home...

The soft sound of fluttering went unnoticed by the girl...