The First Meeting - Liana's POV

Liana's POV.

(LIANA is USER in C.AI)

~~~~~

"Belle! stop stop stop!!" I shouted as I was getting dragged along the pavement.

My dog was dragging me by her leash. Ugh, here we go again. Another day, another walk with my brother's dog. I guess I'll just have to grin and bear it, even though it's not exactly my idea of a good time. Why can't he just hire a dog walker like a normal person?

Not to mention that she's huge. How does he expect me to casually walk a dog that's like- half my size?! I'm trying to keep up with Belle's running pace, but it's not easy. I don't want to end up face-planting on the sidewalk, you know? Maybe I need to hit the gym more often.

Suddenly, I see a figure walking in front of us. Aw, crap. We're gonna run into him and I have no idea what to do. My heart races as I think about the possible things that can happen when I'm in jail for knocking a dude out with a dog. Wait, can I really get sued for that? Well, I'm most definitely not taking any chances just because of my dog.

So, I ran up to the guy and let go of Belle's leash. Then, I grabbed his arm and moved him out of the way so Belle could run around without any problems. Easy! What a smart move, right? Well, it didn't work. That little dumbass, Belle, knocked into me instead and I ended up falling instead of him. Just watch, after this, I'm never giving her treats again.

The man stayed there, startled by my sudden grab. He wasn't saying anything but was staring directly at me. His glasses were so dim that I couldn't see his eyes. Was he not even gonna help me up? How rude.

Okay, but then again it was my fault in the first place.

I quickly stand up, wiping the dust and dirt off of my pants awkwardly.

"My bad.." I say as I glance at him. He still had no expression on his face so I assume that he was mad at me for almost knocking into him. Still though, I got hit instead of him so shouldn't he at least ask if I was okay instead of just staring blankly?

"Why did you pull me?" he says with an expressionless voice.

My head slightly flinches backwards as he asks that question as if he didn't see anything that happened. Was he trying to joke around or is he acting stupid? A sigh leaves my mouth as I glance at him again. My eyes widen as I notice something. He was holding a walking stick. The realization hit me as I put two and two together.

"..you're blind?" I accidentally blurt out.

The words I was thinking of comes out of my mouth by accident as I slap my mouth with my hand. A gasp escapes my lips. That was so insensitive! Oh my gosh. Can I just dig myself in a hole right now? I'm done with life.

His head slightly moves back when he hears my words together with the slap and gasp I let out. His expressionless face changes as he chuckles softly.

"Yes, I am." he says with a soft smile.

"but can you answer my question now?" he adds.

I quickly removes my hand from my mouth, putting my hands together and fiddling my fingers from the awkwardness right now.

"I'm so sorry." I say in a slight panicked voice.

"My dog was uh- about to run into you so I had to pull you back but then ended up getting hit instead and then I accidentally said something insensitive towards you and now I'm talking too much-" I ramble in a panic until I realized that I was making everything worse.

"I'll shut up now." I finally say.

His lips curve up into a smile before moving back into his expressionless self.

"It's alright, Thank you then." he says in his original nonchalant voice before turning back around.

"I'll get going now." he adds.

Suddenly, Belle runs back towards us. She stops in front of the man and starts... sniffing him? The man jumps in surprise, almost falling backwards but I grabbed him just in time. Just when I pulled him back into place, his glasses fall off landing on top of belle and bonks her head. Hah, serves her right.

"OH, that was my dog again. Sorry! Are you oka-" I couldn't even finish my sentence when I looked up at him. Oh my crap, he was gorgeous. Is this what it means when people say 'love at first sight'? I shake my thoughts off quickly, going back to reality.

"Are you alright? She doesn't bite, don't worry." I continue, in a panic.

His expression wasn't something that I would imagine he would give me. Instead of the nonchalant expression that he had a few seconds ago, his face was flushed and awkward. It was as if he was embarrassed. It was adorable enough for my heart to skip a beat. He coughed slightly before keeping his composure.

"Yeah.. I was just surprised." he responds awkwardly turning at me, attempting to look at my face but he ended up staring at my head.

I crouch back down and grab his glasses, wiping the dust off before giving it back to him.

"Your glasses." I say while putting it in his hands.

"Thank you.." he says awkwardly, his face was expressionless again but a hint of blush was still visible.

"I'll actually get going now." he quickly says as he turns away.

"WAIT." I suddenly yell, grabbing his free hand. He was startled but he stopped in his tracks and turned to me with a confused look on his face.

"Um.." I hesitate, trying to gather up the courage. He was too good to let go. I never was the type to make first moves but It felt as if I needed to when it comes to him. I didn't want to just let him walk away.

"Do you have a girlfriend?"

His body slightly tenses when he hears my question. The silence was deafening and my heart was beating incredibly fast. Was this a mistake? Am I being too forward? Can I dig myself into a hole now?

"No." he suddenly says, his arm was still tense as he faces me.

"why?" he adds.

"Nothing.. what's your name?" I say.

"Vince.. what about you?"

I smile brightly at how he responded to my question. I was expecting a dry response but he asked for my name back! this is a good sign right?

"Liana! It's nice to meet you." I respond.

His mouth slightly opens but there were no words coming out. He sighs before continuing his words hesitantly.

"Could you.. help me back home?" he quietly says.

"I kind of lost track of where I am."

He seemed a bit embarrassed while speaking but I was genuinely happy that he was asking for help. I was just thinking about what excuse I could make for us to meet each other again and this was perfect!

"Of course!" I say a bit too happily.

I walk next to him, grabbing Belle's leash again as he tells me where he lived. His home was near mine so I added that into my plans of how to start getting us to meet more.

I turn to my dog with a grin. Okay fine, I'll take back my words. I'll give you a treat when we get back, you cupid.

~~~~~

(Next chapter is Vince's POV)