3. besties forevsies

TW: mentions of alcohol, drugs and domestic abuse. if this triggers you, i suggest you stop reading because it's very important to the plot of the story and what's to come. enjoy!
__________________

˚ · • . ° .

bella's pov:

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗗, 𝗜 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗜𝗗𝗘 𝗧𝗢 𝗜𝗚𝗡𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗛𝗜𝗠. what happened last year has been so hard for me to accept and recover from. so much so that my therapist bought a new house with the money i paid to work through it, so at least one good thing came out of it.

i still get shivers when i remember what happened.

a year ago

i was getting ready for a party, when louis came into my room, drunk and high and extremely mad.

"isabella." he said.

"louis. what's wrong?" i asked while standing up from my vanity and getting closer to him.

"what's wrong?" he questioned as he pushed me and i fell down onto the floor. i couldn't breathe. "what's wrong is that you're fucking stupid and dumb and you're getting on my nerves by just fucking existing."

"what? i-" i choked on my words.

"you know what i've realised?" he crouched beside me on the floor. "i've realised you're a slut. you're worthless."

then, he slapped me.

the thing about when you get slapped, is that your body reacts on instinct, and tears spring to your eyes even if you don't want them to. that's what happened to me.

"oh, you're crying now? what, does this remind you of what your dad used to do to you before he left you?" louis asked, in a fake pity tone. "before he got tired of beating you and your whore of a mother and abandoned you?"

i started hyperventilating. it felt like the air wasn't being able to reach my lungs.

then he slapped me again.

then he punched me in the stomach.

then he started taking off his leather belt, and that's when chris came into my room.

he later told me he heard the slaps and the punches from downstairs, where he was waiting for me.

chris punched louis in the face as he was standing up, causing him to fall backwards onto the floor, like i was.

he then grabbed the boy by the shoulders and dragged him out of my house, screaming at him while his nose bled.

when louis was gone, chris rushed back up to my room. i was having the worst panic attack of my life, right then and there.

"hey isa. it's topher. can you see me?" chris asked softly. i nodded, my vision blurry.

"do you remember when we went to disneyland in second grade with our moms? we all got ice creams and i was so happy to have mine, but then someone nudged me from behind and it fell to the ground. do you remember that?" he smiled sweetly.

i nodded again.

"i started crying, i was so sad. and you came over to me and gave me your ice cream. you didn't even say anything. you just put it in my hands and skipped right back to our moms." he continued. "you're the best person i know, isa. i love you so much, okay?"

"i love you too." was all i managed to say.

"it's going to be okay. breathe with me." he said.

and so i did.