5. babysitting

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗢𝗡 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜 𝗚𝗘𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗬 𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗦𝗘, everyone's already there, even landon, who never hangs out with us.

and when i ask him about it, he says he wanted to know what happened because when nick called him he said it was an emergency and he got worried.

"you know you think you're such an asshole, but you're a softie at heart." i tell him, madison giggling behind me as i open the front door.

"that's not true." he pouts.

"sure it is." i say.

˚ · • . ° .

once we're all seated around the coffee table i tell everyone the story of what happened at the mall with madison's nanny and they all agree that the nanny had to go.

"madison's kind of a long name, you can call me madi." madison states.

"we already have a madi, so it'll be confusing." matt tells her. i shoot him a look.

"how about we call you 2.0?" madi starts. "that way, i'm madi 1.0 and you're madi 2.0. how does that sound?"

"i love having matching nicknames with you!" she exclaims.

"so do i, 2.0." madi smiles as she hugs the girl.

"that's so cute. do you guys want drinks?" i ask everyone.

"pepsi!"

"dr. pepper!"

"sprite!"

"another pepsi!"

"another dr. pepper!"

"and another dr. pepper!"

"beer!" (for landon).

"oh my god slow down guys. i'm gonna need some help here."

a series of "not it!"s follows my statement and everyone looks at matt, who was the last one to say anything.

"i hate you all." he says, getting up and following me to the kitchen.

"do you want a root beer?" i ask him, trying to be nice because there's a kid in the house and we can't have a screaming match in front of her.

"yeah. why do you ask, anyway? it's not like you care." he states.

"don't fucking start with me here, matthew. i'm trying to be nice because of madison." i go on to explain the logic behind my words.

"fine." he frowns.

i resist the urge to insult him, and i find it to be very hard, but i remind mysef that i'm doing this for madison, i don't want her to see us fight, because while the world knows that me and matt don't get along, they don't know about our countless arguments and how they can get.

i brush past him while i'm getting the last drink and accidentally touch his arm. he scowls.

"sorry. damn." i walk away.

˚ · • . ° .

after three hours of playing board games, and alahna having the most wins because she is a board game genius, we decide to watch a movie, and end up settling on my all-time favorite, aladdin.

about half an hour into the movie, almost everyone has fallen asleep.

everyone except, what do you know? me and matt.

he's on his phone while i'm watching the movie, which i find to be kind of rude, but i don't comment on it, because i know it'll escalate, and we'll en up waking everyone up with our yelling.