The Mess

You must be wondering why this would open up with a problem... but don't all movies have a problem in them? Even movies remind us that not everything in life is cupcakes and unicorns. My life is no less different.

Hello, I'm Precious. I'm not really a precious existence, but I am important in this story because it's my story and no one gets to decide how important I am! Of course, I didn't realise this on my own. I have a not so trusted friend who made me realise that and she is Valkyrie!

Don't mistake her for an actually Valkyrie from the Norse myths for she is much scarier! The fact that she's probably ready to slit the throat of anyone who comes in her way is another thing. Tip to survive in South Coast Academy - do not get on her bad side. 

Now, how is Valkyrie related to a mess you may be asking. That's the wrong question. You should be asking when is Valkyrie not cleaning up a mess. If there's something wrong, she's never the centre of it but she's one of those who would raise her voice to get it solved. Unfortunately, this is not one of those instances. This is about an actual mess, like the food catering mess. Yuck! I know, right? For the good or worse, I'm not sure, but it has become an integral part of my life.

We usually get to change our mess every month, but being grateful to the existence of what I once I called myself *cough* fresher *cough* a small problem was posed. The mess staff told many of us to eat in our old mess because it would cause confusion to them. They would have a problem entering data for the freshers it seemed. 

When I was a fresher, I never felt this privilege. I had to check if the washing machines were available at the early times of the day in the first month. Eventually, they removed the washing machines and I had to resort to washing by hand. Then, drying them took time. The first two months it was fine but it started raining in the middle. Fortunate for me, I made a new friend- Dawn! Well, Dawn is her derived name, her birth name was Hikaru. 

If you're wondering, is Valkyrie a derived name? Yes, yes it is. Heck, even Precious is my derived name. Rude of me to go telling people's birth names while I don't tell mine right? Serves you right. I ain't spilling everything now itself. Who's gonna stay with me if I end up boring you with multiple info dumps?

Before I bore you to death, I'll explain derived names pretty soon. Now, back to Dawn and Valkyrie. 

GIRL GVNG (Cool Girlz GC)

Dawn
is anyone having issues converting between messes??
like the staff don't let you eat in the changed mess?

Valkyrie
Broooo
Yes
I think it has something to do with the freshers coming in

Me
Yes, I think Victoria had problems with it but it seemed to play in her favour

Victoria
You said you were gonna keep it a secret

Me
No? Never? I never spill secrets??!! 
Excuse you??!!
How dare you accuse me of so?

Hope
isnt excuse you supposed to come first

Me
I have bad net

Grace
The day Precious gets good internet is the day all my classes get cancelled (only mine btw not like the entire academy gets it cancelled)

Me 
The day I get good net is the day Hope types with punctuation

Grace
Also when did you even get her to promise? I'm literally with you all the time-

Hope
what is this behaviour victoria
fake accusation and all

Me
Is everyone gonna ignore my comment about Hope's texting style?

Hope
yes

Grace
Yes

Valkyrie
Yes

Victoria
yes.

Grace
Not the period💀

Me
Y'all are meanies

Dawn
Yes

Me
Naurrr not Dawn- they got you to :0

Dawn
wait, no- i didn't mean it that way-

Me
It's okay- I'll find some new friends

Grace
Ok bye

Victoria
Bye

Me
I hate y'all

Hope
its ok ily😘

Me
Aww thanks

Hope 
SIKE

Me
YOU-
I hope you stub your toe

Dawn
anyways, i talked to the warden about this. so if anyone else has trouble with shifting messes, just bother the staff about it and they'll take u to the shady backside of the mess

Me
Shady backside?!

Dawn
there's an office there and the man will ask your roll number and name and he'll shift you manually
||Shady backside?!
yeah don't ask the mess has an office near the kitchen

Valkyrie
Dawn are u running a human trafficking side hustle
(Get that bag girl💰)

Dawn
||Dawn are u running a human trafficking side hustle
💀💀
i wish bro

And that's how it went. This time Dawn solved the problem instead of the usual Valkyrie bringing the issue up and storming the warden office.

There were so many things I learnt after coming here. I learnt to ignore bats (well some of us did it anyways cause there are vampires) 

Jealousy, guilt, love, anger, sadness, disgust, respect, so many feelings, so many emotions so many responsibilities all dumped in. A lot of us didn't have parents so we do enjoy a certain sense of freedom. It was almost like the institute picked up orphans who were supernatural and decided to play with them, give them a home, which was well... mid tier because it was free for orphans. I don't even remember most of my life before high school, it was as if I was brainwashed but it shouldn't really bother me since I don't remember much to start with..... or do I not remember because of the brainwash?

Unlike most people here, I have both parents and I was on good terms with them. Okay, maybe I've met a few with both parents but it's always like there's parental issue so the kid gets dumped. 

This place is shady. There's no doubt about it. 

I couldn't help but think about how the current freshers, my juniors have way more privileges than what I had as a fresher. They get free laundry, better instore goods, vending machines since day 1 and what else.... I'm going to have to think a bit about that. But the point is! I had to do laundry- wait am I repeating myself? Damn, now I just sound like cranky teen (as if I'm not) but I can't help but feel jealous.

Jealousy is a disease and I'm critically ill.