Chapter One: Drifting off

I didn't want to sleep.
I started to cry.
The pain of this life is unmanageable and I dread tomorrow. The day we have to bury Dad.
"God, The magical force that made the universe. If you are there and can hear me, please take me away somewhere else. Please, I can't take this." I wrapped myself in my blanket and cried myself to sleep, not knowing my wish came true.
.
Slowly opening my eyes, I could see things that were unfamiliar. Painted pictures of me with strange people, strange events. I uncovered my bedsheets to find that I was wearing a nightgown. I wasn't wearing that when I went to bed.
I sat on the end of the bed, still taking in the sights of the room when a lady entered, she was wearing a brown dress with a white apron. Her red hair shined in the morning glow. She was carrying a tray with a tea pot, a cup and a small bowl of what I presume was soup.
"Now, Miss. you know you aren't allowed to get out of bed without the doctors orders" she paused and looked at me for the first time. "You are awake?!" The tray dropped to the floor, breaking all that was on it as the lady ran off, leaving the door open.
Confused, I went to the door. I could hear yelling across the hall. I slowly went towards it. The more I thought about it, the more I realized why was I walking towards the yelling? Before I could answer my own question, the hallway doors opened. The lady was back with a man.
The man started to shed tears.
"Y/N! You are awake! Baby sister!" He hugged me.
"Who are you?" I pulled away, keeping my distance.
"I'm Steve, your twin brother, remember?"
"No."
"Yastra, get the doctor." He turned to the lady to what I presume is, Yastra. She rushed away, closing the door in the process. Steve slowly approached me, while still trying to give me space. "Let's have you lie down, Y/N."
He placed his arm around my waist and started guiding me to my room. I sat down once again on the bed.
"Where am I?" I asked as Steve sat down in a nearby chair.
"You are in our kingdom, the land of Marvettal"
I've never heard of it.
Knock knock
"You may enter." Steve stood up and closed the curtains to all four windows.
"It's me, Doctor Banner."
"I know" Steve laughed. "Y/N doesn't remember anything. Can you fix it?"
"I'll try"
Minutes went by as the Doctor asked me questions that I did not have the answers to, he checked my head for brain damage and wrote things down with a feather and ink. My confusion was pronounced as he kept asking questions.
"Enough questions. How is she?" Steve interrupted the Doctor, he was getting impatient.
"She has acute memory loss. She should be fine within the following weeks. For now, I recommend bed rest, green tea and no physical activity."
"Oh good"
The doctor and Steve left shortly after.
I was alone once again.
I walked around the room, looking at all that entailed of my bedroom. The room was dark now so letting in the light shouldn't hurt.
I was quite high from the ground, maybe a second or third story floor? Down below was the entrance as guests were arriving. One was wearing a red gown with laced sleeved, another was wearing a green suit jacket with suit pants that matched. Everyone was so dressed up. I wonder why?
I moved away from the window and located a desk. Filled with papers, used feathers, make up products and painted portraits, I shuffled around looking for answers to my questions. Back of the top drawer was a book.
Bingo! My diary!
I sat on my bed and began to read.

"....Today father told me I would need to be wed. I'd rather not get married. Especially not to him."

"....He kept telling me mean things about my family, I told father but he believes it's my royal duty to marry. It's not even going to benefit the kingdom, so why should I?"

"...Steve has found a lovely woman that he plans to wed and father allowed it. Steve has always been the favorite. I'll meet her tomorrow."

"...I cannot handle this anymore. This is going to be my last entry. I will not marry Loki Odinson. I've never loved him and I never will. I would rather die than see his face once more.... I wish I could travel away... a permanent travel.."

"God, if you are there and can hear me, please take me away. I cannot bear this any more"

The entries stopped two days before I woke up. I wonder what will happen to me and to her now that I'm here, is she there? Where is she? I closed the book and placed it back where I found it.
Knock knock
I rushed into bed, pretending to just wake up.
"Come in," I replied sleepily.
"It's me, Loki"
Loki? As in fiancé, Loki? Was he really as mean as I said he was? I guess I was to find out.
"Oh, come in" I sat up, still in bed.
The door opened slightly as a tall man walked in, wearing a green suit jacket and pants that matched. He looked scary yet comforting, I couldn't pin point why. He sat at the end of the bed.
"Hi, Y/N. I need to tell you something. I'm sleeping with other women, not just you. I'm not going to stop and we are not canceling the wedding." My face went red.
He went close to my ear to whisper.
"If you tell anyone, I'll kill you" He smiled as he walked out of the room and closed the door. Was he always like this? I held my knees as I tried to calm my breath. I need to cancel that wedding and get that man out of my life. What a nightmare.