ch1

it was another long night. you and your ex boyfriend, san, broke up almost 2 months ago. you had been in a relationship for a little but more than a year before you two broke up due to a massive argument.

san was out late at night and didn't come home until next morning. he wouldn't pick up any of your calls or answer any of your texts, and turned off his location. this got you very suspicious, but above all you were frustratingly worried. you slept on the couch that night, cold and crying. the next morning at around 7am, san walked through the door, drenched in the smell of alcohol and lipstick stains all over him. after seeing this, your heart sank into your stomach. you cried hard as you lectured him with your whole body while san tried to justify what he had done. but there was no point. you guys were done from that moment on.

you've tried countless times to get over him, but you just cant bring yourself to forget all you two have gone through together. you were made aware than san is over you by a social media post you saw earlier, where 3 different girls were on him at a local bar.

san was not your typical sweet boyfriend. he was a jealous and manipulative person. whenever you would stay out late, he would question and accuse you of things you've never even dreamed about the second you returned home. you knew deep down that he was no good for you, but you still loved him. even though he was jealous and manipulative, he still had a soft spot for you. there were countless times where he was sweet to you. he remembers your favourite songs, he cooks for you when your sick, and mostly everything else a boyfriend would do. san was your first, and stayed by your side through all of your hardships, which was probably the reason why you took the breakup so hard.

who cares if he has a bad side when he does everything else for you?..
is what you thought throughout your entire relationship. you ignored everyone who told you that you and san were toxic. all of the sweet boyfriend shit was an act. it was all to cover up how san really was. despite your constant mourning, you're still grateful to have your bestfriend, yeji, throughout your whole breakup.

" y/n its been over for 2 months now, stop crying.. " yeji said over facetime.

" but he's out with other girls already..."
you mumbled between sobs.

" so what? he was toxic for you and you knew it. you need to find someone that can treat you bett-"

she got cut off by someone walking into her room. you peeked at the corner of your screen to find a tall young man, who's now standing in yeji's room. you thought it was funny how he was awkwardly just standing there like a penguin, and let out a little chuckle.

" wow is my brother that funny?? this is the first time i heard you laugh in months!! "
yeji silently yelled, sounding slightly offended.

her brother? she never told you that she had a brother, and it wasn't helping that he was also very good looking.

" who is that? " yeji's brother asked as he walked closer to the camera, taken aback by how much crying you've done.

" my best friend y/n. she's going through a lot " yeji answers as you give a small wave.

he awkwardly smiles and waves back at you before leaving the room again.

" what was that about? " you ask.

" that's my brother sunghoon. he loves randomly coming in my room to annoy me for no reason. " yeji answers.

sunghoon huh?

" ooh! on the topic, sunghoon's birthday is this sunday! since all his friends are coming, he says that i'm allowed to bring someone with me too! would you like to go? " she asks you while smiling, hoping you would say yes.

you wanted to get over san really bad. although a big party is not what you had intended, you thought this was the perfect way to try and get him off your mind.

" sure, i'll go " you smiled.

yeji smirked and clapped
" seeeee?? if you aren't so miserable all the time you'd be over him by now "

you rolled your eyes at her

" get ready loser, tomorrow we're gonna go on a shopping date! " she exclaimed.

" yah who told you i was going? " you joked.

" well i know that you would never show up to a party with boring clothes sooo.. "

yeji pulled out 11 gift cards from under her bed.

" i got all of this for us to use! but bring your own money too just in case "

you just laughed at her enthusiasm.

" alright park yeji, see you tomorrow " you sighed and hung up.

yeji just knew you so well. now you finally have something to loom forward to.