One Good Tiddler Deserves Another

Young Gideon could smell the water, and following that scent led him into a small clearing with a small pond.

"What a nice place to have a quick lunch." "Then I will start my way back home." "I do hope I make it there by this time tomorrow", he thought. "Oh, that pond is beautiful." "I bet Yael would love it", he thought again.

So focused was he on the pond that he didn't see the three ruffians coming from between the boulder and the bush.

He was then clobbered in the eye. It hurt so much that he could barely open the other eye. So, he was unable to see his attackers.

He didn't have a weapon and he only had one hand, so all he could do was try swinging and kicking whilst they roughed him up. Then one of them struck him in the head, and he knew no more.
———————
"Well, from the looks of it, I guess we was right." "He's a tween on his Peregrination week", said one of the ruffians that was looking into Gideon's pack.

"Humph", snorted the one who looked to be the leader of the three. "Well of course! What other tween would be out here without a Sentry, unless they was a Sentry?"

"Look here, Fellers!", exclaimed the third. "He ain't just any Sentry tween!" "Look at his signature clan stone here." "He's a Greystone, they be a top Sentry clan in these here northern parts!", he explained to his pals.

"Argh!", exclaimed the other. "He could be of direct relations to the Head!", he freaked. "What we gonna do?"

"Quiet!", exclaimed the leader. Then taking a deep breath, he said to them, "Remember you two, we took him by surprise and roughed him up, which is all we cared about." "Now let's just drop that there pack of his and his signature clan stone and gets.

They did as they were told, and left.
———————
There was another tiddler on her Peregrination week as well. Rose Redwood, of The Tree Tiddlers had learned much this week, though one thing she still needed to learn was how to listen to the Creator without trying too hard, or being distracted(sound familiar?), and that takes practice.

She was coming towards the deer trail where one end would lead her in and out of her country. Where the other end went, she had no idea. As she was turning towards the end that would take her home, she felt the Creator's presence leading her in the opposite direction. Although she wanted to go home, she knew if she didn't obey it would spell trouble, so in the opposite direction she went.

As she walked the trail, she heard what she thought were animals fighting, so she slowed down a bit. Then, when they scuffled away, and all was quiet, she sped up again.

She then came to a huge boulder(to a tiddler that is) that the trail went around. She could smell water on the other side and thought, "That must have been what they were fighting over."

When she went around the boulder, she stopped dead in her tracks at the sight before her.

A Mount Tiddler, from what she could tell, for he had all the characteristics that she ever learned a Mount Tiddler had

A Mount Tiddler, from what she could tell, for he had all the characteristics that she ever learned a Mount Tiddler had. From the golden skin, to the dark curls, to the clothing that was obviously suited for living in the mountains.

She could tell he was one-handed, obviously from birth. She could also tell he was roughed up badly. "Ruffians did this to him", she stated in a matter of fact tone. "So, that's what I heard.

She then noticed his pack beside him. "He's on his Peregrination week too!", she realized.

Seeing that he was her age, and that he didn't deserve what happened to him, her heart gave out to him. The Mount Tiddlers and the Tree Tiddlers were against each other, though, she didn't know why.

She knew she had to help him, for the Creator brought her here for a reason, so to him she went.
———————
He was staring to come to, and heard one of the ruffians speak, and then heard them leave. But, he couldn't stay awake for long and fell back out of it.

When he started coming to again, he became fully awake this time. The first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was a mass of red wavy long hair.

He then saw the body it belonged to. With the clothing and almond skin, it didn't take him long to realize it was a Tree Tiddler beside him. Turning his head he looked into her face. She had a look on her face that was filled with uncertainty, yet kindness.

She then spoke, "Thank the Creator, I", before she could continue, they both heard voices. The voices were coming from the direction that led to the mountains.

Realizing it must be his kind, she took that as her cue to leave, but before she did, she picked up his signature clan stone. She did not know what it was and looked at it with such confusion. "Here you go, bye", she said giving it to him and leaving.
———————
It was, in fact, his kind. His cousins. A Ranger and his apprentice.

"GIDEON?! WHA?! Are you OK?!", asked the Ranger.

Gideon couldn't speak. Because of all that has just happened, he was at a loss for words.

Turning to his apprentice the Ranger said, " I'll pick him up and take him home." "You go on ahead and get one of the healers, and both his Grandfathers." "Be swift now." Off the apprentice went doing as he was told.

Before the Ranger picked him up, he examined Gideon. He could see that he was made comfortable and his wounds were cleaned up. "Gideon, did someone help you? Do you know?, he asked him.

Gideon turned to the direction of where he saw the Tree Tiddler go, but still couldn't say a word.

"Well, thanks be to the Creator for whoever it was", he replied. Then picking up Gideon's pack, he slung it over his shoulder, and taking the clan stone he tied it back around Gideon's neck. Then he picked him up and off they went.
———————
A couple of days later, Rose climbs up to the top of her home tree, and looks out towards North Mount, where some of the Mount Tiddlers dwell. Looking at one mountain in particular, the one in the middle, where she believes with all certainty the Mount Tiddler lived.

She does this with such longing, thinking hopefully, "Maybe we'll meet again and become friends, the Creator wills it that is." Then another hopeful thought pops in her head, one she wonders if it is the Creator's will, "Maybe we Tiddlers are meant to be United!"
———————
At around that same time, Gideon went up from his house, up the stone steps that led to a clubhouse he shares with three of his cousins.

He went in and spent time with the Creator.

Afterward he walked around to the end of the ledge, rested his only hand on the mountain wall, and looked out down across to Forest Heart, where the Tree Tiddlers dwell. Just like her he thought, and wondered the same thing.

Could it happen?
Maybe...
After all, this is only the beginning of the story!

Note: Peregrination Week is a time for when a Tiddler from a Sentry clan becomes a tween they go on a journey on their own, to spend time with the Creator and prepare them for their future.