Feeling Like I Do

"Come on! Come on! Come on!" A little voice yelled, filling the relatively quiet streets given the beginning of summer. "This way! This way!"

"Alright, alright, Nabi, slow down." The voice of Jung Wooyoung called out in return, currently being tugged by the surprisingly strong six-year-old girl. "The ice cream isn't going anywhere."

"You don't know that! Come on, we have to hurry!" Nabi turned around and whined, not in a way that annoyed Wooyoung, but rather in a way that got his feet to move just a little faster.

It was about midday on the first Saturday of summer, and Wooyoung had promised Nabi that he'd take her out for ice cream to celebrate her completing the school year. While she was Wooyoung's niece and they had a big age gap, they were as close as could be. Wooyoung loved spending time with the younger goofball, and Nabi loved spending time with her cool uncle that she previously only got to see a few times a year.

"Look! Look!" Nabi started jumping up and down, causing her skirt to flutter around, pointing ahead at the little local ice cream shop. "There it is!"

Wooyoung hummed, feeling another tug at his arm, causing him to stumble a little before finding his balance again. Nabi turned and quickly apologized, but Wooyoung returned that by saying that she didn't need to.

Truth is, while Wooyoung's been on this side of town a handful of times, it's never been because of the promise of a sweet treat. Truth is, he isn't actually the biggest fan of ice cream, completely unlike his niece who could eat it every day of summer if she was allowed to.

Nabi and her family had just moved to the area this past spring, so this was the first true summer that they could spend together, and it was actually Nabi who did the research on ice cream shops in the area, finding this one. She was excited as ever, and that made Wooyoung smile.

"Can you reach the door handle?" Wooyoung asked with a softer tone to his voice, one he used specifically when talking to his niece.

"I can!" Nabi exclaimed, letting go of the older, and ran up to the glass door, lined with a pastel blue trim.

Unlike the last time Wooyoung saw her, Nabi was indeed tall enough to reach the door handle all on her own. She gripped it with both of her hands, taking big stomps backward to pull it open. With a smile Wooyoung and praise, held onto a higher part of the door, letting her get in, and letting himself inside as well.

They were met with a little cold after stepping inside, or at least it was contradictory to the heat outside. A few tables and chairs lined one side of the store, fitting the theme this ice cream shop seemed to follow, which was pastel colors, random pops of colors that seemed like sprinkles, essentially just aesthetically pleasing to look at, but also very kid friendly. There was a small area on the other side of the store where ice cream cakes and other treats were on display, along with booklets to look through if purchases were going through that route.

But of course, the main attraction was the large case of ice cream that took up most of the store. There were tons and tons of flavors to choose from, not to mention even double the amounts of toppings. Not only that, but behind the counter there was also a few soft serve ice cream machines, machines to make milkshakes, along with many things to choose from to put the ice cream in, from freshly made waffle cones to the typical size variated cups.

To say the least, the little six-year-old was in heaven from the amount of choices of sweets.

"Hello, welcome to Rocky Ice Cream Parlor." A voice called out from behind the counter, gaining the attention of the customers who just walked in.

"Hello!" Nabi had little to no sense of stranger danger, happily replying to the worker with a bright smile and wave.

The worker, who previously looked a bit tired, showed a smile in return, also returning a small wave. They then kept helping the customer before the counter as if there was no pause in his work.