𝐱𝐱: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗰 :𝟐𝟎

♪♫❝ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵗʳᵃᶜᵏ
ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵖᵃᵗʰ
ᴮˡᵃᶜᵏ ᵈᵒᵒʳ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵒʳᵉˢᵗ
ᴵˢ ⁱᵗ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ᵗᵃᵘⁿᵗ ᵘˢ?
'ᶜᵃᵘˢᵉ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵒⁱⁿ' ⁿᵒʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁽ᵃʰ⁻ᵃʰ⁾ ❞♪♫
- 𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚢 𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚊𝚢 ʙʏ 𝚄𝚗𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝙿𝚕𝚞𝚝𝚘

━━━━ •┈••✦ 🖤 ✦••┈• ━━━━

˖⁺‧₊˚⚜️♛⚜️˚₊‧⁺˖

𝐴𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑘𝑎 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑜𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑑 how stupid or self-centered people had to be to notice the problem they were clearly part of. Thankfully, it didn't take too long for the girl to convince the council of Aglin to stop beast hunters from attacking or aggravating creatures like pokrisis that could impose danger on their people.

But before Annika went to meet with the council, she visited the injured beast hunters, who were cared for by one of Aglin's many healing facilities, with Hunter, who was less than enthralled to tag along.

Annika followed a nurse, entering the section where the beast hunters resided without Hunter, who decided to stay in the waiting room.

"Good afternoon; how are you doing?" Annika politely smiled at the first beast hunter she saw-the one whose leg had been cut off.

"I'm doing better, thank you," the beast hunter replied.

"I guess you two get to take all the money and the glory now," the same buffalo hybrid who chose to attack head-first with no plan was now covered in bandages.

That was one way to greet royalty.

"Of course, they'd do that! They'd do anything to steal other people's spotlight," a witch in his twenties remarked, which Annika ignored.

"Yeah, what else are you going to take from us? You selfish rich folk," another injured beast hunter insulted.

Soon after, more beast hunters voiced their grudges and complaints toward the crown princess. Before all hell broke loose, a nurse with blue, heavily freckled skin and lizard-like eyes trying to heal one of the quieter beast hunters shouted for the louder ones to be quiet.

Annika crossed her arms and coldly gazed at the buffalo hybrid. "If I'm correct, you were the ones who impulsively attacked the pokris with no want for a plan," she turned to the beast hunter, who called her selfish. "And if you forgot because it seems to be that your brains are dense as a rock, insulting members of the Emperor's coven, more specifically royalty, is considered treason."

The brunette was quickly met with silence, that is, if you didn't count the groans and coughing.

"Oh, and the reward money," Annika added, "is supposed to pay for the healing bill."

Not wishing to be surrounded by the imbecile beast hunters, the brunette left to find Hunter, rapidly tapping his foot on the floor.

When her eyes landed on him, Annika's sour expression was quickly met with her signature smirk. "Missed me?"

The girl couldn't see the boy's expression because he wore his golden mask, but she noticed his tensed shoulders.

"Would you stop doing that!" He hissed.

Annika clucked her tongue. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

The crown princess guessed that the Golden Guard was wearing an irritated expression. "Let's just go already."