melted me softly by just a smile

They are both at the studio, they have been reviewing the new song together, to better decide Yechan's melodies and adlibs with the violin. They've been just joking around as usual, Wonsang saying silly stuff and Yechan laughing like crazy at the younger's comments.

But something is different this time, though. Wonsang can feel it. It is a little late into the night and the studio thrums with a deep silence after playing the song over and over on max volume. Now just the clicking of Yechan's mouse and the soft creaking of the wheels of the chairs are the sounds reigning in the room. The air vibrates with a different kind of intimacy, foreign to the casual feeling of comfiness from their other studio sessions with the guys.

They have gone from watching the producing software to scrolling through music apps, talking about new songs and beloved artists.

But again, Wonsang can't help but notice how close their chairs are, one next to the other, just a foot apart. Yechan has his violin on his lap, a common sight for Wonsang and all the members, but now, he just can't keep himself from counting the few inches separating them somehow.

The light of the monitors is reflecting on Yechan's face, covering his relaxed brow and soft smile while he is trying to find a song he had been talking about. And Wonsang feels something shift, as if he has seen Yechan for the first time, and appreciated how comfortable he feels right now, with Yechan's presence beside him, and it makes his chest fill with warmth and other feelings he can't understand.

Wonsang must have stared too much, because when Yechan turns to tell him something, he stops the moment Wonsang's eyes meet his.

There is a pause and a few blinks from the violinist when his friend just keeps staring at him with an unreadable expression on his face.

The older's brow furrowed with confusion. "what?" he finally asks. But Wonsang, with no control over his reactions, steals a glance at Yechan's lips at the question, a second before he realizes what he is doing, and raises his eyes again, expression a little bewildered.

But that second is enough to make Yechan still in his place, with a mix of feelings bubbling in his chest. He can't decipher over the confusion and the beating of his heart suddenly starting to race. Why is it doing that?

Another blink from Yechan and Wonsang finally breaks the silence, with a sudden courage he doesn't know the source of.

"I'm-," is the only thing he can muster before having to swallow hard for the lump in his throat to go away, and inadvertently stealing another glance at the other's lips.

"I'm feeling... something," is what he handles to say.

Yechan's eyes grow wider, pupils going crazy over Wonsang's face, as if trying to resist the same impulse the younger was not able to fight just moments ago.

And when Yechan's eyes finally find the younger's lips, just a second as well, but they ended up there nonetheless, the bubbly feeling inside Wonsang's chest finally explodes.

He tentatively grabs the seat of Yechan's chair and waggles themselves closer to finally erase the inexplicably offensive distance between them. Wonsang moves to the edge of the chair, eyes on Yechan all the time, waiting, searching for a sign to stop, but he doesn't find any.

When he starts to lean closer, his eyes are still on Yechan's eyes, but he can feel the other swallow hard, as he rests one hand on top of his violin, the other grabbing the seat below him.

Wonsang stops an inch before their lips touch, both feeling the other's shallow breaths. The younger doesn't recall who was the one who leaned first, but the next thing he knows is that their lips are finally touching, and the sigh of relief that leaves from his lips pressing to Yechan's overwhelms him.

Has he been waiting for this before without even knowing, oblivious to his own heart until this moment?

They both close their eyes, no more than a soft press of the lips.

They separate a second later, again, just another inch apart. And when they look into each other's eyes, the same questions of uncertainty are written on their expressions. They seem to come a little to their senses because, as if in sync, they both slowly turn to look at the door.

The door is closed but unlocked.

But Wonsang is not about to get up and lock it, the implication too big, still too strange for him to even think about it.

When they turn to look at each other again, Yechan steals one last glance at Wonsang's lips, before he starts to cautiously lean back on the chair. He sways slowly from side to side, eyes glued to his violin. He then stands up and heads for the door, making Wonsang turn to face him abruptly and panic raises inside him, already an apology forming on his lips.

But Yechan just stops at the sofa next to the door and grabs his violin's case, starting to slowly pack the instrument.

Too slow, though.

Yechan hasn't looked his way, but the younger knows him, he knows him too well to understand what he is implying. The question he is making.

Wonsang springs off the chair, too abruptly, but the older still doesn't look at him, eyes shy on the now closed case. So, the younger walks to the door, each step tentative, still waiting for a sign telling him he's reading everything wrong and might potentially destroy their friendship and maybe even their careers.

But when he reaches the door and cautiously turns the lock, eyes never leaving Yechan's profile, the older's hands on the case stop fumbling at the sound of the click. Wonsang takes a step toward him, Yechan turning ever so slightly to face him.

And when their eyes meet, the taller takes the final step and cradles Yechan's face into his hands, smashing their lips together again, this time not a soft touch but an eager one, movement is involved, and they sync to each other's rhythm in an instant.

Yechan grabs Wonsang's arms for dear life because he swears his heart will combust any moment now.

A hot feeling travels through Yechan's spine when the younger sneaks his tongue tentatively between his lips, the older one complying and opening his mouth to let his own tongue meet Wonsang in a warm embrace.

And Wonsang knows that the moan that leaves the older's throat at the hot contact, is more beautiful than any note he has ever heard Yechan play before.

***author's notes: this prompt came to me randomly one day, I needed actual musicians for it, so I went with the K-band LUCY, which I don't know that well, but I liked how those 2 looked together on Superband so, here you have it. (I actually CAN write using capital letters btw lol)