Chapter I

Kamisato Ayato is a busy man, considering he is the head of the Kamisato Clan. He focuses on government affairs along with many other important commissions. He works tirelessly behind the scenes to protect his family along with the people of their nation.

Lately, his younger sister Kamisato Ayaka, has been asking about her older brother's interests. He always seemed to be busy with government work, will he ever find a lover? A special someone, who stays by his side till the sun sets.

------------

"Hm?" Ayato mumbled, wondering why Ayaka suddenly asked a personal question. "Why would I need a certain someone?" He asked, chuckling softly as he continues to read the letter he's holding that came for him this morning, as well as paying attention to his sister sitting across the short-legged table used in traditional Japanese homes, also known as a 'Chabudai'. As Ayaka looked away pouting, she seemed a bit annoyed at how her older brother Ayato, doesn't seem to have realized her point in asking about his interests. In fact it was an important question and not merely something to avoid easily. Considering he's already in his 20s.. 24 to be exact, he should already get a lover for himself. Ayaka looked back at her older sibling across the table while holding her fine silked fan open, as she shuts it with passive aggressive making a noise causing Ayato's attention to her as raised his left eyebrows giving a plain stare at her. "So you wouldn't be alone if I ever.." Ayaka stayed silent for a while as she pouted looking down at the table for a second, "if I ever leave you someday.. or we get separated." Ayaka couldn't look straight to her sibling, she seemed as if she was about to cry thinking of those horrible thoughts, she always hated this feeling ever since their parents passed although her older brother had always been there for her, as she did for him also despite both of them not talking much. Ayato was a bit surprised by what Ayaka had said, he chuckled a bit and caught Ayaka's attention and proceeded to talk, "Don't worry, Ayaka. Thoma is here to accompany me, everything will be alright. No need to worry, alright?" Ayato placed his hand on the table openly, reaching out for Ayaka's hand. Ayaka gazed at it for a second, thinking deeply about what her brother had said. While she was at it, she heard a tapping sound coming from the side. She looked on the side and saw Thoma, leaning against the door frame with crossed arms along with a daring smile. Ayaka blushed out of embarrassment causing her to open her fan and cover her face. After a while, shs looked back at Ayato, with a smile on his face. Ayaka reached out for his waiting hand on top of the table, she placed hers on Ayato's hands. Ayato held her hands and tilted his head sideways smiling.

-----------------

It was the afternoon, time has passed quickly when you're doing something or either just having fun. Ayato was in his room, sorting out papers regarding the works and affairs of the government. Thoma was found doing chores in the household, after all he was a housekeeper. He was in the hallway, sweeping off dust on the room corners, he spotted Ayato in his room, working as always. This man almost never gets out of the house, he only does if it is needed although sometimes he does take a stroll around the garden when he takes breaks. Thoma gazed at Ayato for a while, while sweeping. Thoma looked at him in such a way, his eyes sparkled every time he saw Ayato. He always finds himself smiling whenever he takes a glance at Ayaka's older brother. He suddenly thought of making him tea after he's done with his current chore.

After a while, he finished sweeping off dust in the corner. He was busy now, preparing the tea he always makes for Ayato. Gently pouring the tea on the tall cylindrical cups, also known as Yunomi cups to be specific. He placed the 2 cups with tea along with the pot on a flat, shallow container or receptacle made of wood (tray). He carefully carries both sides of the tray's ends as he walks to Ayato's room, he knocks with his left hand on the door while holding the tray on his left before sliding it to open letting Ayato aware that someone is coming in. Ayato raised his eyebrows and glanced at the door to see Thoma entering the room, carrying a tray with a set of tea. Thoma came in and walked towards Ayato's desk as Ayato fixed his papers and placed them on the side of the table creating a space for Thoma to lay the tray on the free space of the table.

"Maybe you could need some break, My Lord?" Thoma asked with sincerity, he deeply cared about the Kamisato siblings even if his position there was a housekeeper, he also meant a lot to the Kamisato siblings. Ayato smiled at him, "Thank you for caring, Thoma." Thoma had already placed the tray on the table, and sat along with Ayato. Ayato placed the papers he was holding on the other part of the table and gently grabbed one of the Yunomi cups near him that were already poured with tea. "How were the paperworks My Lord? I'm sure you have finished a lot by now— it's fair that you should take a break and continue them tomorrow." Thoma asked, there was a hint of care in his tone. Does Thoma really care about him? Or there's something more than that.. However, he didn't show any signs making it difficult to say what his intentions are, maybe he tries to hide it? Ayato could barely notice it anyway, considering he's always so busy. Ayato smiled and chuckled softly, shortly afterwards he said, "I'm alright, Thoma. Don't worry about me, although I'll actually take a rest by now. After all, you're always the one to remind me of these things.. when I forget it myself because of how busy I always am." Ayato continued to drink his tea slowly, to make sure not to make any mess. Thoma blushed a little, hearing these words come from Ayato as he scratched the back of his head, "Ahh.. It's nothing My Lord." Both chuckled, as they had little talks while drinking tea.

Minutes had passed as they still continued to talk, both really felt comfortable with each other. Ayato starts to wonder where Ayaka had gone since it's getting pretty late and she's not yet home, maybe she's just with her girlfriend? He thought to himself, he asked Thoma for a confirmation. He coughed a little, covering his mouth to not make such embarrassment while cutting the topic they were talking about to get Thoma's attention. Thoma had stopped talking and glanced at Ayato with a curious facial expression. "Ah-ahem.. Sorry to interrupt you Thoma but just one question.. Where's Ayaka?" Thoma smiled at Ayato and spoke as well- "She's with her girlfriend, Yoimiya. She told me earlier that she'll be staying there for merely tonight." Thoma sighed loudly, as he realized he forgot to tell this matter to Ayato considering he should know everything as the head of the Clan and the older sibling, "Ahh.. I apologize for not telling anytime soone—" Before he could finish his words, Ayato chuckled charmingly catching Thoma's attention. Thoma blushed a little, what is this feeling? He thinks to himself. He didn't dare to continue what he was saying, but he kept thinking of Ayato as he looked down, covering his face from embarrassment with his hand. "What's the worry now? It's alright, Thoma. No need to apologise." Ayato's words seemed to be so sincere, this is what Thoma had always liked about him, even until now. Thoma couldn't help but feel flustered and speechless due to the small particular events that happened just a while ago, he can't visibly confirm this feeling properly. It was hard to tell, although he wasn't anywhere denying it.

------------
might continue or never c: