Untitled part

For Sydney Prescott, it was an ordinary Friday night: some old sitcom, her father was gone, and homework, forgotten, lay on the kitchen table.

Sydney put the plate of popcorn on the table and looked at the time. The clock showed that it was a little after ten. Didn't want to be alone that night, but Dad was called to work, and the guys had their own things to do, and I didn't want to bother them because it was a little lonely.

Usually at such moments Sydney was with Tatum, they would talk about everything for hours on end and just watch some trashy movie together. Riley had cheerleading practice today, and she wouldn't be able to come, plus there was a curfew in the city.

The evening silence was interrupted by the crackling of the phone. Sydney sauntered over to the phone in the kitchen and picked it up.

"Hello?" - the girl's voice sounds uncertain because she wasn't expecting a call at such a late time.

"Is that Sydney?" -The voice on the other end was unfamiliar to her.

"Who is it?" – what could a stranger with a velvety voice need from her at such an hour?

"You tell me"– there was a chuckle on the phone.

"Randy, you should have come up with something more original than phone jokes" - Sidney rolled her eyes as only Randy could come up with such a stupid joke.

"Baby, you're wrong, it's not Randy"– the man on the other end laughed.

"Randy the joke really dragged on, and you're distracting me from watching the sitcom"- no matter how much she wanted to talk to a friend, there was a bowl of hot popcorn and an open jar of Dr. Pepper on the table, besides, Sid knew that if Meeks continued to talk on the phone during working hours, he would be fired again. For the third time.

"Really? What kind of movie? Something scary?"

"No, I'm watching the Friends issue."

"Do you like horror?" Sydney thinks for a second before answering:

"Randy, you know I don't watch them and I can't even stand them anymore".

"why? Are you too scared?"

"That's not the point. All slashers are of the same type. A maniac is chasing some busty girl, she runs up the stairs, but it is necessary to go outside. It's terribly annoying."

The girl's gaze is directed towards the dark kitchen window.

The night is cold, and the darkness seems to envelop everything in an ominous cloak. There is a presence in the shadows that seems to make the cold even deeper and the silence even more intense. It seemed that something evil was lurking in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike.

"I think it's funny how stupid and weak-willed the victim is in the hands of the killer. It's fun to watch people lose control of the situation. They don't even suspect that the killer is waiting somewhere very close, hiding in the night darkness just like now." – the man's voice sounds mysterious, evil notes slip through.

"Stop it, it's not funny anymore" – Sydney's pulse quickens, and her breathing becomes erratic.

"I can hear you breathing, I can see you, and you're a damn attractive girl." And the voice keeps talking, making the girl shudder.

"Seriously, I'm hanging up" - click! Sydney hangs up, bringing her breathing back to normal, trying to calm down.

The phone trill is heard again and the girl is ready to curse the caller and send him to hell.

"I'm going to call..."-Before she can finish, a velvety baritone interrupts her.

"Turn around" - Sydney abruptly turns to the window, still holding the phone to her ear.