Chapter 1

Taylor's POV: "Elina, I'm not going this summer." I said, sighing. "You need to get over your breakup with Cole and this is the perfect way. Pleaseeeee?" Elina begged. "I can't believe I'm saying this but fine." I started packing as she turned on the car.

After she started driving I put in my earbuds and looked out the window at the scenery. "You're quiet, Tay Tay." Elina looked at me. "I'm just thinking. Is Layla expecting us?" I asked. "Yep. She's really excited." Elina replied. I smiled at the thought of my cousin. After my parents had died in the car crash, she had stayed with me for a few months.

"I can't wait to see her. I miss her so much." I said. "She's excited too. We should stop to get food." Elina pulled into the rest stop. I walked around until I accidently bumped into someone. "I am SO sorry!" I said, helping the person pick up their stuff. When I lifted my head, I saw the most sparkling green eyes. The boy laughed.

"I'm Jeremy. And you are?" He said.  "I'm Taylor. Nice to meet you Jeremy." I said. "Jere, hurry up! Who is this?" A boy that looked like Jeremy said. "This is Taylor. Taylor, this is my brother, Conrad." Jeremy said as Conrad scowled at me.

"Are you just visiting Mystic Beach?" Conrad said. "Um... yes? My cousin Layla owns a beachouse and I go there every summer. Except for the past few summers because my parents died." I was taken aback by his voice.

"See you around, Taylor." Jeremy and Conrad left. "Girl, are you okay?" Elina asked. "Yeah... I'm fine." I was confused about Conrad. Why did he seem to dislike me so much? "We should continue driving." I got into the driver seat and drove the rest of the way to Layla's house. "Tay! Elina! How are you?" Layla hugged me and I was enveloped in the cinnamon scent that always accompanied her.

"I'm okay. I met two guys at the rest stop. I think one of them didn't like me. Their names were Conrad and Jeremy." I said, setting my stuff down. As the words came out of my mouth, the both of them walked in.

"Lay Lay, the pool is cleaned. What is she doing here?" Conrad huffed, looking at me. "Layla is my cousin." I glared at him. He looked at me before walking out. "What is his problem with me?" I asked Jeremy.

"I don't know. He's never acted this way. I'll talk to him." Jeremy replied.

Conrad's POV: I sat with my feet in the pool, thinking of Taylor. "Dude, why are you acting so weird around Taylor?" Jeremy said, sitting down next to me. "There's just something about her. Do you remember how I said I can't fall I'm love? I feel a strange feeling towards her." I said.

"I think that's called love." Jeremy smiled. I stared at him in disbelief. "Really?" I asked. "Yes. You are capable of love, Connie." He replied, and I elbowed him playfully. "What should I do?" I asked. "Tell her. She thinks that you don't like you." Jeremy said.

I walked back into the house. "Taylor, can I talk to you?" I said, and she nodded. I walked outside, and she followed me. "I'm sorry for the way I was acting. I am horrible at showing my emotions. I like you." I said. I didn't know how she would react.

She hugged me and I smiled at her. "So..." I said. "Are we friends now?" She said. My smile faded. "I guess so..." She squealed and hugged me again. "I'm glad we are friends." She ran back inside. "Jeremy, I'm an idiot." I said. "Why do you say that?" He replied.

"I told her that I liked her but she thinks we are just friends." I said and he shaked his head. "You are truly horrible with romantic relationships. What are you going to do now?" He said.

"I have no clue." I replied.

Taylor's POV: "Elina you'll never believe it!!!" I yelled, running inside. "What happened?" She asked, coming out of the kitchen with blue cookies. "I became friends with Conrad!" To my surprise, Elina looked upset. "Oh." She turned away.

"What's wrong, El?" I asked. "Nothing." Elina stared at the floor as she spoke. "Something is wrong. Tell me, Elina, " I said. "Are you can trust Conrad?" Elina said. "Why do you think that I can't?" I said, folding my arms. "I just get this feeling. Please, Tay, I don't want you getting hurt again." Elina said.

I walked away and once I had changed, i dived into the pool. I sat beneath the water, thinking. Why didn't Elina trust him? His attitude had changed towards me. I slowly swam towards the surface and saw Conrad and Jeremy. "Hey." I said.

"Oh, hey Taylor. We didn't know you were in the pool." Jeremy said. "Water helps me think. Do you guys want to join me?" I asked. "Sure. We just need to change." They inside and came out five minutes later in swim trunks. Conrad and Jeremy dived in. "Do you swim often?" Conrad said.

"I'm the captain of the swim team in my school. Elina does cheer and her boyfriend Steven does football. We're a trio basically. We don't really spend time with anyone except us and Yelena. What about you guys?" I asked.

"Conrad plays football and I do volleyball. We don't really talk to anyone except our best friend who should be here in five minutes." As he spoke the door opened and someone came out. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Cole?"