My Savior

Nathalia stared at the mirror in front of her. Then she stared at the wedding gown on her fluffy bed. The wedding gown was indeed magnificent. It was made of fine silk, diamonds were embedded on the dress, and it was designed by a famous fashion designer.

She sighed. I want to back out, but I can't... Can I? She asked herself. She hesitated. She knew something bad is going to happen, and she doesn't know what it is. And, she doesn't love her fiancé or her soon-to-be husband. She was forced by her manipulative mother- Selena Ramirez.

She stared at her clothes. The maids already did her make-up and hair, and her dress is the only thing missing. She is still wearing her pajamas instead of her beautiful, yet expensive wedding gown.

Her mind wandered into a sweet and memorable flashback...

"Hey, Thalia! It's already late. You should go home." Her best friend, Minerva, odered. Nathalia ran her fingertips through her hair, and smiled faintly at Minerva. She was still busy proofreading the last pages of  her essay.

"I can't, Minerva. I have to proofread the last pages." Nathalia said sweetly and gave Minerva her sweetest smile. A smile that Minerva can't resist, Minerva frowned. "I promise to go home after this. Please, Minerva! You know Sir Adams is very strict." Nathalia frowned. She remembered the time when Sir Adams made her run laps because she forgot to bring her project.

"Fine, fine! But I'm going home! Bye, Nathalia! I hope the ghosts won't disturb you!" Minerva quickly said and got out of the computer lab. Nathalia's eyes widen.

"Ghosts? Maybe Minerva was joking. She's a joker, after all, and she likes to make things up. Stop thinking about ghosts, Nathalia! It will just distract you! You need to hurry up. Father is coming home, and you want to see him? Right? Now, stop thinking about some nonsensical ghosts. They are not even real." Nathalia scolded herself. But she remembered a rumor before, there were ghosts in the computer lab. But it was just a rumor. Rumors are both lies and truths, they are mixed together. So, part of it is true and the other part is not. She smiled at that thought. Maybe she's right, maybe she's not.

She started proofreading her essay, again. It took her an hour to finish, she gathered her things and got out of the computer lab. She was still thinking about the rumor. Maybe the ghost part is true, and they aren't staying at the computer lab? But where? She thought.

She shook that thought away from her head and continued walking down the hallway. While she was walking, she could hear someone scratching the wall. The sound was painful. Then she felt someone was staring at her, she shivered and tried to think positive. But the dog's howl, and the moon's scary light shining down on her through the hallway's glass walls didn't help calming her down. Then someone ran in front of her, and a cold hand was touching her shoulder. Her heartbeat fasten as she turned pale. She couldn't take it, so she ran upstairs. She didn't stopped running until she arrived at the rooftop. With a few slips on the way, she finally arrived at the rooftop.

She clutched the document and hugged it tight. Someone was following her. The moon's light shined so brightly, it almost calmed her. Almost. Then she heard that screeching noise, the so-called "ghost" is here.

"S-stop! Stay where y-you are!" She stuttered. She was scared. She regretted not listening to Minerva. She regretted staying at the school so late. She regretted worrying about her grades than her life. She regretted she did all of those things.

"Nathalia..." The "ghost" called her. Her heartbreat was fast, faster than before. She gulped, and started walking backwards. Forgetting that behind her was a small railing. Too small it could not stop her from falling.