Chapter 1

What, Yn tried to move but his body felt like it was being crushed by the weight of the universe. He couldn't breathe, barely even think. Frankly, it was annoying.

He opened his eyes, and even though he knew they were open, he still could only see darkness.
Great, did he go blind? No, that wouldn't make any sense. He was healthy and his retina didn't get damaged at all, so a detachment of it also was impossible.

«He doesn't react!»

The voice of a young girl - or that of a way to high pitched woman - called out. It sounded like she was pouting. Of course Yn wasn't able to hear if she was pouting. But he could hear that she was upset. So he just had to add the girly voice - that now that he thought about it sounded really young, like that of a child, maybe around 10 or so - and he knew that, whoever was talking, was pouting. There was no doubt about that. He just knew.

«Maybe he needs more time...But I don't want to give him more time!»

The voice continued and Yn couldn't help but grow annoyed by it. He sighed inwardly. How could anyone have such an obnoxiously demanding voice? It almost pissed him off as much as not knowing, where the fuck he was!

Calm down, he said in his mind. Even though only a moment ago you sat in your chair in the classroom, you are in a dark place, where you can't breathe. Oddly, the not breathing part didn't bother him. Which meant that all of this was just a dream. Good, that means he just fell asleep in class.

«Okay. I guess you are right [whooosh], I will give him more time then,» that pouty voice said again. It moved through Yns head like a drill through wood and filled his chest with endless annoyment.

The dark room he was in began to fill with light that burned in his eyes. But he didn't bother shutting his eyes, and in the next moment he found himself, head in table and eyes locked on the snow falling down behind the class Window. He was back.

With a silent sigh he sat up and rubbed his eyes. Everyone's eyes were locked down on their paper as they wrote something down, while the teacher told them something about Germany in World War two or something.

The teacher's voice was an unidentifiable mix of swirling air and murmuring in his ears, and he felt like sleeping again.

And he couldn't really blame himself though. It was history class, and he already knew everything the teacher was teaching them. If he was being, he even knew it better than the teacher herself. If he wanted, he could take over teaching the class and almost everyone would pass. But he didn't want to. Why should he? He didn't even bother remembering the name of his classmates. So why should he bother helping these lost causes? Most of them were idiots anyways

And he didn't have time for idiots.

«Ln,» the teacher suddenly called out and Yns head perked up. «I see you haven't been paying attention. Can you stand up and tell us when D-Day was and what it was?»

Yn sighed and the teacher smirked, as he stood up. Oh, how he hated that smile. Everytime she had that look in her face, Yn knew that she thought she got him. And everytime she absolutely failed. And this time would be no different. Yn smirked.

«D-Day, also named Operation 'Overlord', was on June 6, 1944 and brought together the land, air, and sea forces of the allied armies in what became known as the largest amphibious invasion in military history,» Yn saw the smug look on the teacher's face slowly disappear as He Continued; «The allied forces delivered five naval assault divisions to the beaches of Normandy in France. The beaches were given several codenames like utah, omaha, gold, juno, and sword. The invasion force included 7,000 ships and landing craft manned by over 195,000 naval personnel from eight allied countries. Almost 133,000 troops from the United States, the British Commonwealth, and their allies, landed on D-Day. Casualties from these countries during the landing numbered 10,300. By June 30, over 850,000 men, 148,000 vehicles, and 570,000 tons of supplies had landed on the Normandy shores. Fighting by the soldiers, sailors, and airmen of the allied forces western front, and Russian forces on the eastern front, led to the defeat of German Nazi forces. On May 7, 1945, German General Alfred Jodl signed an unconditional surrender at Reims, France.»