Chapter 1

The bustling hallways of Fawcett Central School were filled with students rushing to their classes.

Among them was Y/n L/n, a young man who effortlessly blended in with his peers. He had a secret, one that he guarded closely—a dual life as both a student and a superhero.

During lunch break, Y/n sought solace in the school courtyard, a place where he could momentarily escape the weight of his responsibilities.

He spotted Mary Bromfield, his girlfriend, sitting on a bench and reading a book. A warm smile tugged at his lips as he approached her.

"Hey, Mary," Y/n greeted her with genuine affection.

Mary looked up from her book, her face lighting up as she saw Y/n. "Y/n! You always manage to find me during my favorite part of the day."

Y/n chuckled and took a seat beside her. "Lucky timing, I guess. Spending time with you is definitely the highlight of my day."

Mary's cheeks tinted pink as she closed her book. "You're such a charmer, Y/n."

He reached out to take her hand, his thumb tracing gentle circles on her knuckles. "Only because I mean every word."

As they talked and laughed, Y/n found himself captivated by Mary's presence. Her smile, her laughter, and the way she talked about her interests—all of it made his heart swell with affection.

"You know, Mary," Y/n began, his voice softening, "I feel really lucky to have you in my life."

Mary's gaze met his, her eyes reflecting a mixture of surprise and joy. "I feel the same way, Y/n. You bring so much positivity into my world."

Y/n's thumb continued to trace patterns on her hand, a gesture of comfort and reassurance. "And you've shown me a side of life that I didn't fully appreciate before."

Mary's smile turned thoughtful. "Like what?"

He leaned in, his voice turning playful. "Like how a simple lunch break can become the highlight of my day when I'm with you."

Mary's laughter tinkled like music in the air. "You're such a romantic."

Y/n grinned in response. "Guilty as charged. But it's all true."

As the school bell rang, signaling the end of their lunch break, Y/n reluctantly released Mary's hand. "I guess it's time to head back to class."

Mary nodded, a playful smile on her lips. "See you later, Y/n."

With a lingering glance, Y/n stood up and walked away, his heart feeling lighter than before. He knew that he had found something special in Mary.

A connection that brought him joy and comfort amidst the challenges of his dual life.

And as he walked through the bustling hallways of Fawcett Central School, Y/n carried with him the warmth of Mary's presence.

As the school day continued, Y/n found himself lost in thought. He had always believed that keeping his identity as Spider-Man a secret was the best way to protect the people he cared about, especially Mary.

He knew that the dangers he faced as a superhero were real, and the last thing he wanted was to put her in harm's way.

After the final bell rang, Y/n's thoughts were still consumed by the complexity of his situation. He joined the stream of students heading out of the school, his mind racing with conflicting emotions.

He spotted Mary near her locker, chatting with her friends. His heart skipped a beat, and he approached her with a smile.

"Hey," Y/n greeted her, his voice warm.