Chapter 24 • the game part 5

The door creaks open, and a glowing emerald stone floats above a small table. My eyes widen at the sight of it. "That's it," says Amory. He also seems amazed.

"We're going to win the game."

Just then, the ground starts to shake, taking us both by surprise. "What's that?" I ask a little panicked. Amory looks back, a panicked face as well. "We're taking too long," he says. "What do you mean?" "If the candidates are taking too long to win the game destroys itself!" "Oh great, what kind of system is that?!" Dust and stones atart to fall down. Amory runs to the stone and grabs it before sprinting away, grabbing my hand in the process. We run to the exit as the ground starts to shake harder. "Come on!"he yells. We ran out, and the city caught my eyes. Buildings that are still standing are falling down by the shaking ground. "We need to get to the mountain, now!" I look up to the top of the mountain where the temple lies. "Amory, we're not going to make it." Amory stands still, stones still falling down. Even the mountain is slowly falling apart. "You're right..."he sighs. "Use your power!" I frown at him. "I don't have control over that! Who says that I even have power and it wasn't a one-time thing?" "[Name]" Amory puts his hands on my shoulders. "Do not look, but there is a symbol burned in your neck that represents the power of a supervillain. You have your power." Somehow, his voice sounds hopeful as his eyes soften. "I believe in you." 

I take a deep breath and nod. "Okay... I can do this." "You can indeed." "It will be easy." "Absolutely." "Make me mad." "...what?" He looks confused at me. "Make me mad", I repeat. "No thanks." "Please, Amory. Make me mad!", I beg him. "Okay... I'm not good at it though." "I doubt that." I say thinking about the many times he makes me irritated. Amory glares at me. "Fine, okay. You're very stupid." I frown at him and wait for him to continue, but he doesn't. "Is that supposed to make me mad? Be origninal." "How can I be original?", he asks, confused. "Make it personal." "You're stupid because you left your family and your home behind because of a stupid dream!" he insults me. "You did too!" Amory expression drops. "Work with me," he says. "I'm just stating facts." I can see the annoyance drip of his face. The ground shakes again, and a couple of stones fall down. "Duck!" He suddenly pulls my head down, but the shaking ground makes us loose balance, and Amory falls on top of me. A small blush spreads my cheeks as our faces are very close to each other. We stare into each others eyes for a minute before he grins. "Your symbol is glowing... you don't need to be mad to activate your power..." Amory smirks even wider. "... seems when you're flustered, it helps as well." 

I look away in embarrassment. "Are you that into me, sweetheart~?" I can feel my heart start to race. "Please stop," I say. "Your body says otherwise~" Amory takes a straw of hair off my face and carreses my cheek. "Did I mention... you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my life?" Somehow, his sentence sounds more honest than a flirt trick. Amory looks at my lips. My heart beats so loud I can hear it beat in my ears. Amory leans closer, and my body freezes while inside. I'm panicking. Then his soft lips touch mine, leaving a gentle kiss on my lips. He pulls away just a little, our lips still brush against each other. Energy fills my body as I feel like I'm becoming a firework arrow. Suddenly, he grabs my waist tightly, and I feel like I'm exploding. I can't sense what's going on as my visions are spinning and wind is flying all around us. Then I hit something hard, and everything becomes black...

"Hey, [name]. Wake up!" I feel a hand slap my face as I start to come by. I see Amory leaning over me with a worried look on his face. "W-what happened?" I ask, confused. "We made it!" he says with enthusiasm. I look around and see the same temple where I met the superhero. Only here it looks way older, and there is nobody to be seen. "You did, [name]!"he stands up and smiles. "Did you just kiss me?" I ask. There is an awkward silence between us. "Yeah..." 

I feel like I can faint. "That was my first..." Amory smiles. "I'm glad I'm your first. We can do way more than just kissing~" I sit straight and shake my head. "Too far?" he chuckles. "Yeah. Where is the stone?" Amory opens his hand with the stone inside. I stand up and chuckle. "Unbelievable, we made it." For a second, I forget everything else that has happened. "What now?"I ask. "The one who puts it on the table there wins," he says and points at a stoned table. I smile, but it quickly fades away as I look at him. 

Who is going to win? Do we fight for it or just give the win to each other? 

He seems to be asking the same as we just silently stare at each other. I decided to break the silence. "So... who is taking the win?" Amory is quiet for a while before he replies. "I don't know." "Can we both win?" Amory shakes his head. "I don't know..." "Let's try it," I say and walk to the stone table with him. We both have the stone in our fingers. "Just so you know... I'm really sorry, "he says as we put the stone on the table. "What do y-" Before the emeral touches the cold stone, Amory, let's go. Light surrounds me as I feel myself getting transported. 

"You son of a-"