Part 1: Packaging

"Don't dwell on what happened, no matter how bad it was. Find something else to do. Find something to do to help others."

- Ruth Handler

The summer sun rose above Barbieland. From Ken's sunroof above his bed, the sunshine burst into the room and woke up Ken from his sleep.

Feeling fresh and awake, Ken rose from his bed in his very own Mojo Dojo Casa House 2.0™. He walked onto the balcony looking over Malibu Beach. He waved from his bedroom to all the other Barbies and Kens waking up.

"Hi, Barbie!" He waved to Barbie, who was delivering the mail on her bicycle.

"Hi, Ken!" She replied, waving back to Ken.

"Hi, Ken!" Ken waved to Ken, who was holding a surfboard on Malibu Beach.

"Hi, Ken!" Ken replied, waving back to Ken.

This continued for a bit, with a few more Barbies and Kens, until Ken walked back into his Mojo Dojo Casa House 2.0™ to get ready for the day. 

He gave himself a nice, warm shower, just the way he likes it. After his shower, Ken decided to go down the slide on the side of his Mojo Dojo Casa House 2.0™ to head to his kitchen. In his kitchen, Ken opened the fridge to get his glass jug of water: not too cold, but not too room temperature.  After pouring himself a cup of water, he put two pieces of toast in the toaster and out popped two perfectly toasted pieces of toasted toast onto his plate with cuts of butter on both.

As he enjoyed his meal, he decided to read the newspaper sitting on his table. It read, "BARBIE HEADS OFF TO REAL WORLD", which Ken simply smiled at. After a bit of newspaper reading, he turned on the TV with a remote control also sitting on the table.

"Breaking news," Journalist Barbie announced on TV in front of Barbieland town hall, "We are at the heart of Barbieland and the Nobel prize ceremony will soon start in one hour."

"Huh," Ken thought, "Neat."

"As a little reminder, here are a few of the lucky people who have been invited to attend the ceremony. The full list will be provided in the local newspaper..."

Ken was curious, glancing at the newspaper on his table.

"...Barbie, Barbie, Barbie, Barbie, Barbie, Ken, Ken, Ken, Ken and Ken."

Ken turned off the TV and calmly settled the remote down.

"Sublime!"

After finishing his breakfast, he went back upstairs and, in the confines of his room, he changed into his pastel and pink cyan button top and boardshorts, somehow in mint condition for as long as Ken remembers.

As all the other Barbies and Kens did, he floated from the top of his balcony to the beach, which was only a short walk from his Mojo Dojo Casa House 2.0™.

As he walked onto the beach, he met up with the other Kens and started to play a bit of volleyball. They were having a blast, hitting the ball over the net, with Ken struggling with his sets and Ken spiking the ball over the net with ease.