10 Billion Percent In Love

This is so ridiculous, Senku thinks as he begins his search for Yuziriha. It's embarrassing, really that the leader of the kingdom of science is going to someone else for advice.

The thing is, Senku has a problem.

Well, he has a lot of problems he needs to solve, the main one being finding the source of the petrification beam. But this problem in particular is quite unexpected, seeing as it has nothing to do with science or reviving humanity.

No, his problem is far less important than anything of that sort, but it is still a problem, because it's become annoying, and is appearing frequently with Senku's day to day life, which is stupid.

Crushes were never a thing for Senku. He always thought of romantic feelings as illogical and a distraction from the things that are important. Besides, love, attraction, all of it's just chemical reactions in your body anyway.

He's never seen the appeal of romance, not quite understanding Taiju's dedication towards Yuziriha or Chrome's infatuation with Ruri.

The thing is, Senku doesn't have time to have a crush. The entire fate of the future of humanity rests on his shoulders. Even if he didn't have to worry about saving the world, he has absolutely no interest in dating.

Besides, if was going to fall in love, he figured someone like Kohaku would be more his type. Which is why the current target of his affections makes absolutely no logical sense.

Asagiri Gen is selfish and manipulative. Not to mention, a male. Senku has no problem with people being gay, they can't control who they're attracted to, but he never thought of himself as the type of guy to be stuck in a sexuality crisis.

Because, as much as Senku has been trying to ignore it, a crisis, is seeming to be a more and more fitting word for what's happening. Senku knows that he needs to keep his emotions in check, but with his recent discovery, they're becoming harder to control and ignore.

It sounds stupid, because it absolutely is, but Senku has found himself pushing down the urge to grab Gen's hand or he finds his eyes subconsciously dropping to the other's lips.

Which is why he needs Yuziriha. He wants to know how to get over his pointless feelings. As embarrassing as his crush is, he knows Yuziriha isn't the type to judge, and he also knows she's loyal and won't tell anyone else.

Senku is not the dramatic type, but if Gen ever found out, he feels like he might actually die from embarrassment. Which scientifically isn't possible, but still.

Senku sighs. This is so ridiculous. He feels like a dumb schoolgirl right now. He heads to the place where Yuziriha is helping put statues back together.

He grins slightly when he sees her, relieved he didn't have to go out of his way to search. "Yuziriha. I have a job for you," he says, so no suspicion will arise, there are many people there helping.

"Senku!" Yuziriha smiles at him in greeting. "What can I help with?" she asks with nothing but enthusiasm.

"It's private. Come with me and we'll discuss," Senku says rubbing his neck, avoiding the eyes of everyone staring at him.

"Ok! You guys keep working while I'm gone," Yuziriha says sweetly to everyone who is putting statues together. She immediately follows Senku.

He takes her somewhere private, not to worried about Gen finding them, since he's working on some ridiculous play with Chrome and Kohaku to convince Tsukasa's army to help them build a ship.

"Uh, is the job out here?" Yuziriha asks, a little confused because usually Senku's jobs for her involve crafting or making something, but she doesn't see anything like that nearby.