𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬 - 𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐣𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭

The sounds of heartbeats echoed in the ears of the tiny doctor, his stethoscope fixed on the back of his current patient who sat still, taking normal breaths. After asking you about your problem and hearing your answer, he immediately knew what was going on, but still wanted to do a check-up just to be a hundred percent sure.

You didn't want to be there, you just wanted to keep your condition a secret, but it proved to be too difficult with the amount of coughs that Chopper, being a doctor, noticed and got suspicous of. You made him promise not to tell anyone about it, and even though he was hesitant, not approving of such thing being kept away from the others, he agreed.

Chopper sighs as he sits back in his swivel chair, rolling to the other side of the room with it where his table was, papers, books and pens all perfectly organised just like at a real doctor's office, even though it was on a ship that shook on the mesmerizing blue water of the Grand Line. The doctor's squinted his eyes shut, trying to think of a way to cure his fellow crewmate. How can he be the best doctor in the world if he can't even save one of his friends? The problem was that he had only heard of this, and never got the chance to try and cure anyone, not even Doctorine was able to do that. He knew this was an extremely rare disease, and was praying he would never need to save anyone suffering from it, but here he was, hunched over his table, brainstorming with possible ways to help. He tried to find a similar disease he had a cure for in an attempt to use it on you to see if that may do something, but this disease was way too unique.

You still sat where he left you, waiting for any type of response from Chopper. You wouldn't be mad at him if he ended up not having a cure for it, you already accepted your fate.
"Y/N." He gently speaks, his high-pitched voice from the other side of the room hits your ears. "Hanahaki disease is something not even I have a cure for. I'm sorry."
He couldn't even look into your eyes, he just kept staring at the floor. You nod as a sign that you understand what he means and that there's no way for you to escape your fate. You didn't really have any reason to live, your only goal was to help Luffy become the pirate king ever since you joined, which happened only two months ago. But during those two months, you formed a close bond with the crew, got used to their silly behaviour and the occasional small fights between a few members (usually Zoro and Sanji), along with the amazing food and happiness they offered. And now you had to leave them all behind...

You open the wooden door of Chopper's room, the warm sunlight and the salty sea's smell hits you as soon as you step out. The crew was enjoying it, everybody had a smile on their faces, making one make its way onto yours.
"NAMI-SWANNN~!" you hear the all too familiar voice of the cook of the ship as he bursts trough the kitchen's door, a silver plate in his hand with a few glasses on it. He was the last person you wanted to see. You have been trying to avoid him ever since you started growing suspicous of the fact that you have been coughing up blood-soaked flower petals lately, sensing that he might be the cause. Of course you'd pick the petals up and throw them into the ocean when nobody was watching, making sure there was no evidence left so the crew won't worry. Nobody except Chopper knew about your condition, although Robin noticed small changes in your behaviour and how you barely talk with your best friend Sanji anymore, who you were close with ever since you joined.

You see as Sanji skips your way, his signature stupid smile etched into his features. You knew that your condition will be worse the more you interact with him, and it was bad enough right now. So, you did what you've been doing for almost two weeks now: you tried to hide from him.
"AN ISLAND!" Usopp shouts, grabbing the attention of the crew and making Sanji stop before he can say anything to you.

You finally docked the ship after so many days on the sea, and each member went their separate ways.
"Y/N, I don't want you to go alone." Chopper quietly says as he stands next to you, looking like an actual reindeer now. "What if something happens to you?" His tone is filled with concern.
"It's alright, it's not a big town, I'll go alone. Robin is waiting for you, you go with her. I will find you if anything happens." You reassure him and head to the town, most members already scattered across it. Chopper doesn't say anything and silently agrees, trusting you as he leaves with Robin.

𝐏𝐄𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐒 // 𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐉𝐈 [𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें