Saltwater & Stolen Kisses

(art by kapatarou) 

Kay raised a hand to her brow and squinted towards the sun. "Phew," she said with a low whistle. "Couldn't have picked a better day. It's gorgeous out here."

Darjeeling walked up beside her, leaning on her free arm. "Let's make the most of it. We're only here for a week while we're visiting Naomi and Pekoe."

Truly, it wasn't much time. Naomi and Orange Pekoe had rented a beach house on the coast. In exchange for letting them stay there, Kay and Darjeeling had helped them pay for it. It was a little cottage, but charmingly cute and had plenty of room for the four of them. Though, because of its small size, none of the other girls could come. Assam offered to pay for a bigger house, but most of them were booked up for months.

Kay groaned. "Oh, how I've missed the American sun. England is miserable."

"Don't be dramatic," replied Darjeeling. "Though... admittedly, there are a few upsides about being here. You look stunning in that bikini." She looked up at Kay with a sly grin.

Kay smiled, meeting her gaze. "Look who's talking."

Darjeeling wore a cutesy blue-and-white plaid bikini with frills that adorned her hips and shoulders. Her hair was down in two braids today, both of which stopped just below her shoulder blades.

"For goodness' sake ladies! If I wait for you any longer, I'll turn to dust!"

The blondes looked up as Naomi yelled to them from the water. She was only waist deep, Pekoe clinging to her side.

Darjeeling giggled. "Oh, poor Pekoe looks miserable. Do you think the water is cold?"

"It's the ocean, D. It's always cold. Now come on!"

Darjeeling gasped as Kay grabbed her by the wrist and practically dragged her towards the shoreline. She stared wide-eyed at the ground as they ran, sand flying, trying not to fall. By the time they reached the water, she was out of breath. Kay, being the athletic and energetic woman she is, was fine.

"Never... *pant*.. Again.. *pant*... hhh.."

Naomi chuckled at Darjeeling. "Maybe some water will help. Bring her in, Kay."

"Huh? No, Kay, don't you-"

Kay grinned before scooping her girlfriend up bridal style and running into the water. Darjeeling squealed as Kay splashed water everywhere, only standing still once she reached Naomi.

"That's it!" Naomi exclaimed. "About time you caught up."

Pekoe giggled, asking Darjeeling tenderly if she was alright.

Darjeeling nodded. "I'd be better if Kay would put me down. This position is so uncomfortable; only my butt is in the water."

Kay gave Naomi a knowing glance, which the brunette returned with a smug grin.

"As you wish, my princess," Kay replied. She took a couple steps back from the other couple. "1...2.."

"Kay, what are you-"

"Three!" Kay plunged herself and her girlfriend down below the surface. Darjeeling shut her eyes and mouth, kicking free from Kay's grasp at last before surfacing and taking a deep breath.

"Kay!"

Kay surfaced a couple seconds later, laughing like a jackal.

Darjeeling wiped a strand of hair away from her face, blinking rapidly in the hopes to readjust to the light. Saltwater stung at her eyes.