Short Story

Lance Yurie was a curious boy.
He always loved to explore the world
around him and learn new things.
His teacher told him once that curiosity was the most important trait for a good student.

Lance was always curious about everything he saw, from the birds chirping to rocks falling from the sky.
One day, while walking home from school, he stumbled upon a girl playing in a park. She had bright, shining eyes and a smile that could light up the whole park. Lance felt a strange pang in his chest as he watched her play with her toy planes. He had never seen anyone so happy before.

He took the chance to speak to her, "Hi there! What's your name?"
The girl looked up at him, surprise evident on her face,
"I'm Lily. What's yours?"

"I'm Lance," he replied shyly.

"Hey, there," Lily said,  I like your name. It sounds fun.

Lance felt his cheeks getting hot as he stammered. "Thanks. Mine's kind of boring."

"Oh, no way! Your name sounds awesome!" Lily exclaimed.
Before long, Lance found himself talking to her every day after school.

They would sit on the swings and watch the sun set, or walk around the park, laughing and joking. They even started playing with each other's toy planes.

As their friendship grew, Lance found he was falling more and more in love with Lily. It was such a strange feeling like he was suspended in mid-air,
unable to touch the ground. He tried to push it away, telling himself it was just a silly crush. But he couldn't help how he felt.

One day, Lance decided to take the risk and tell Lily how he felt. He was sitting on a bench in the park, watching the planes fly over their heads. He looked at her, and said
think I might be in love with you.

Lily looked at him, surprise written all over her face, "What do you mean?"
Lance took a deep breath. "I don't know how I feel, but I think I might be in love with you."

A small smile crept onto Lily's face think I may be in love with you too.

Lance's heart soared. He felt like he could fly. They started dating, and it was the happiest Lance had ever been. He loved being with Lily, and she loved being with him.
Over time, Lance realized that his gender didn't matter. He was just a
boy who loved a girl. And in the end, that's all that mattered.