Coffee Shop

In a small coffee shop in a corner of Brighton not normally traversed sat a 17 year old boy reading a book. He had light brown hair that was curly and ruffled, freckles across the bridge of his nose, large black glasses, and soft pink lips. His hands were covered by the much to long sleeves of a much to big blue jumper. His skinny jean clad legs were tucked underneath him, with only his toes sticking out. He was curled up in a large red armchair by the fireplace and the window, where rain poured down into the streets.

"Oi, Remus. I need to head out, the other barista should be here in a couple of minutes. Hope you don't mind being alone here for a few." Called James.

"Nah, I don't mind. This is a good book by the way." Remus called distractedly.

James chuckled and slip out the door, flipping the sign outside to read 'Closed.'

Remus looked to the door about fifteen minutes later when he heard muffled cursing. He sighed and padded over in his socks, and opened the door.

A tall  mess of curly hair and black clothes fell through the doorway. Remus jumped back in surprise, clutching his book close to his chest as the person stood up.

Said person was a good four inches taller than Remus, with a mop of black hair falling in his face. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt (which clung rather nicely, especially wet), with a red plaid flannel tied around his waist. He looked up briefly, catching Remus' eye and smiling. He stuck out his hand.

"The names Sirius. I'm the other barista here. James said you'd be here. Wasn't expecting such a hipster." He teased.

Remus gingerly shook Sirius' hand.

"I'm Remus. Should I leave? Am I inconveniencing you?" He said timidly.

Sirius shook his head.

"I could use the company Captain Pink Socks."

"That's actually Captain Rose  Socks." Remus said giggling at the annoyance on Sirius' face.

"Whatever you say. Now, how about you have a cup of cocoa or something with me while I attempt to dry off."

With that he peeled his t-shirt of and turned around to walk into the kitchen.

Remus blushed at the brief glimpse of the boys bare chest.

He padded over to the kitchen and crabbed the materials for cocoa. Now to just reach the mugs. They were in a shelf higher up than Remus could reach. He stood on his tippy toes and stretched his arms before sighing, defeated. Suddenly he felt hands on his waist lifting him up to the shelf. He squeaked and squirmed, falling out of Sirius grasp, but before his feet could touch the ground Sirius caught him again.

"I was attempting to help you pixie boy." Sirius said into the top of Remus' head.

Remus stumbled backwards looking up at the taller boy. His cheeks were slightly pink, and he kept playing with his sweater.

"I wasn't expecting that." He said lamely.

"No kidding. Now c'mere and I'm going to lift you up again so you can grab us some mugs." Sirius said laughing.

This time they were successful and Remus grabbed two mugs, placing them on the kitchen counter. He stood there, staring to make the cocoa, before he felt arms around his waist and a head on his shoulder. He tensed up slightly and look over. Sirius was looking intently at the cocoa (or possibly Remus' delicate hands.)

"Sirius." Remus said gently.

Sirius shook his head dazedly and turned his head to look at him. His face was only centimetres away from Remus', and his breath was warm on his cheeks.

"The cocoas are ready." Remus stated stupidly, his mind a whir from the closeness and the fact that Sirius was still shirtless. He picked up his mug and made his way back to the chairs, this time sitting down on a small couch. Sirius plopped down beside him.

"You want me to put my shirt back on?" He said nudging Remus.

"Hmm uh-" Remus mumbled. "I mean yeah I guess, its fine now too."

Sirius smiled, laying his head on Remus' shoulder again.

"Is it ok if I kiss you?" He said suddenly.

Remus turned his head surprised, to see Sirius looking shyly at his hands. By way of answer Remus connected their lips for a short sweet kiss.

"Yeah. Its fine." He giggled.  "You can kiss me whenever you want."