Rekindling bonds

Tonia was in her small colourful room painted with purple and a pink teardrop design, she was making a transition video of herself, she was very popular on youtube and Instagram and she makes self-love videos and beauty videos, and how black women are beautiful, being social was her thing even though she had only one friend, "Lisa" who also works at the makeup industry called "young again" where she works, she had always wanted to be a model as a child but could not because of her calcium deficiency, she once visited the hospital one morning when she noticed she couldn't walk properly, after her mom woke her up to prepare for school, all she understood as a little girl was that her body doesn't produce enough calcium which made her bones weak, she was so sad because she knew she could not walk on the walkway some day.
Her mother has always been there for her and her sister even if she never had a chance to meet their father, "he left after you were born" her sister always tells her anytime she cries and asks her mom who never replied to her.

After her video making, Tonia heads to her bathroom to have her evening shower, it was a Saturday and she had used most of the day to shoot her videos, she was always busy on week days so she had to shoot most of her videos during the week, she just applied shampoo to her hair when she hears her phone ringing in the room, "wrong timing", Tonia signs as she said, she hurried up with her bathing and dashed into her bedroom, picked her phone from her small sized bed and checked who the missed call was from, she was hoping it wasn't from her boss because she had promised him a day after to send him pictures of her designs, "Mr Johnson", her boss has always relied on her because of her talent and how she knew much about makeup, he started his company a month he met her and urgently needed an assistant, he was a man, and needed a woman to help with the company so he found Tonia and lisa, two years later, the company was one of the best in the country. She has always known that Mr Johnson liked her but never gave him attention because he was not "her type"as she always told
her best friend lisa.

"Hi bimi", Tonia says as she puts her phone on her ear, "today makes it 6 months we talked last, do you need anything?" she said with a hint of anger in her voice, " it's mom's anniversary tomorrow, can we please meet up tomorrow at the funeral, I have to tell you something, " Bimi answered with guilt in her voice.
Bimi and Tonia were really close when they were close, they did everything together, and would even wear matching outfits, "are you twins?" people often asked them, they were their mothers only source of joy , till their mother died eight years ago from breast cancer, the sisters had to be separated, Bimi went to live with her aunt in a far away small town to further her education, while Tonia stayed back with her uncle, distance made them grow apart till Bimi came back to find a job , the sisters tried their best to spend time together but we're both busy with work.

" Ok, see you tomorrow then", Tonia said as she hanged up, if not that she was reminded by her sister she would have forgotten it was her mom's anniversary, she felted bad and fell back to her bed like a log of wood, how could she have forgotten, she kept thinking, though her mother had died almost a decade ago but she could still remember her moms face, she remembered the her favourite meal her mom made her every morning before school, she cried herself to bed and soon slept off.

"I can't believe I am scared of my own sister " Bimi said as she dropped her phone the moment she knew her sister hung up, "I knew you could do it" Jennifer said to her, " I still don't get why you girls don't get along, you practically live in the same city", she continued, " I know, we just don't get along like before", Bimi snapped at her, "we are going to meet tomorrow, after visiting the cemetery, I am going to suggest we going on a vacation, I just hope she likes the Idea, " she will, I am sure she also misses spending time with you, and I will miss you too" Jennifer said as she hugs her friend tightly, "relax, I will be gone for only two weeks, remember I am still job hunting", Bimi said with a big smile on her face. " Well, I have a feeling you might find a job over there and start a new life, I am so scared", Jenifer continued, " don't even think of that cause I will not forgive you she squeezed Bimi in a big hug again, "I won't, trust me I won't" Bimi replied After successfully releasing her self from her friend's suffocating hug. Jennifer and Bimi has been friends and roommate during college, they both planned to come back to the big city to find an appropriate job after college, but Bimi has not been lucky in the type of jobs she kept finding, but she has been able to feed her self and save some money she knew she was going to need in the future, fortunately for her, she has enough for the vacation she wanted to plan with her sister...

The sisters met up at their mothers cemetery the next day, and put a flower on their mothers grave, they also dug up the stubborn little grasses growing around her grave, After that they said a little prayer to her and left with quietness feeling the air, they walked out of the cemetery and the eldest sister broke the quietness, "so, how have you been doing?", she asked, she made sure she maintained eye contact with her sister, "well, I have been fine, though work has been hectic this days", Tonia replied, "so I wanted to suggest something" Bimi said with caution in her eye, "I want us to go on a vacation, I really miss you and want to spend few weeks with you, what do you think?" She asked, "well that is a great idea, I am also stressed from work and will need some time off work, so let's do it" Tonia said smiling, she was so excited that her sister wanted to spend time with her, she knew her boss was not going to be happy about this but she needed so time for herself, so she is going for it.
"Ok, let's do it " Bimi said smiling...........