Duke - His Way

I rolled over in bed to check the time on my phone rubbing my eyes then putting my phone back down. I walk to the bathroom brushing my teeth washing my face and then doing my make up. "The girl with the tattooo." I sang hyping myself up in the mirror.

My phone buzzed 3 times before I picked it up.

Yo?
Good morning
You got any plans today?

Duke texted me. I smiled opening the message and replied "No. Why wsp?" With my face still in my phone I walked to my vanity to record some TikTok's. "I was just wondering type shit." He texted back before I put my phone on dnd.

I smiled and didn't respond to seem nonchalant. I finished recording my TikTok's and texted him back, "Oh okay" I texted back then turned off my phone and continued with me day.

A few hours later.. and I couldn't stop thinking about Duke.. why would he ask me that? Did he want to see me? Maybe he just wanted to know? Am I overthinking it? I brushed it off and called him.

"Hey wassup." Duke smiled into the camera. "Nothing just missed you." I said setting up my phone and sitting down at my vanity for better lighting. "Woah woah woah hol on." He sat up in his chair pressing something on his set up. "Aight go on." He said rubbing his chin with his index finger.

I giggled "Nothing I was just saying I missed you." He started cheesing. "Yeah i miss you too type shii." He said slightly dragging the i. "What you doing tho?" I twirled my elastic band on my wrist. "Uh streaming and shit." He said clearing his throat and going back to normal. "But I'll call you back cuz yk," he said moving his hands a lot, "I gotta stream." He smiled.

"Yeah yeah I understand." I smiled picking up my phone. "Yeah aight.. I'll call you back tho." He said smiling and waving at the phone. "Mmkay." "Un uhn don't do that shit." He said frowning his eyebrows. "Do what." I smiled hiding my face. "That mmkay shit." He side eyed his phone.

"Alright I'm sorry." I said rolling my eyes. "I'll call you back okay?" He emphasizes on the okay looking at the phone at a low angle and popping out his neck a little. "Okayy." I said. "Aight." He smiled and hang up the phone.

408 words