description

Kitty Cohen and Felicity Campbell are soulmates. Fliss has been sure of this ever since they shared a room their freshman year of college, when their friendship emerged fully-formed the moment they met. They've seen it all together: disastrous house shares; shitty post-grad apartments; too many relationships to count.

Now everything's about to change. Kitty is getting married and Fliss didn't think she'd be this heartbroken. Levi's a nice guy. He understands his fiancée's friendship, and he and Fliss get along just fine, but he's just a guy. He isn't special enough for Kitty. But then a shaken Kitty turns up on Fliss's doorstep a few weeks before the big day: the wedding is off. Fliss didn't think she would be so relieved to hear that. Weird. The honeymoon is all paid for, though, so Kitty has a proposition: a girls' trip to Las Vegas, just the two of them and two weeks of drinking and overheating and exploring everything Sin City has to offer. Why not, right? Fliss has barely left the east coast and it's about time she took advantage of her company's unlimited PTO. It'll be nice to have an uninterrupted vacation with her favorite person.

Then they get to their all-expenses-paid honeymoon suite and the hotel thinks they're married and it's easier to go along with it than explain the situation. It's not like it matters, right? It's a bit of fun. Until, slowly but surely, Fliss realizes her feelings are more than platonic. Maybe they always have been. And now she's stuck sharing a bed with her best friend, who is pretending to be her wife.

*

Like a Best Friend is coming to Wattpad soon! I can't wait for you to meet Fliss and Kitty and to join in on their fun in Vegas. For teasers and graphics and character aesthetics, check out my Instagram account, ellecarriganbooks, where I post all sorts of things relating to my books!

© Elle Carrigan 2023