sixteen.

(⁠;⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠)

"why isn't he answering my messages and calls? this is so unlike him." minho thought.

he didn't see jisung today. except for his grandparents, they saw the latter earlier in the morning since he always brought some vegetables for them.

he should've woken up early.

he wonders what could the younger be doing this time.

he didn't see him on the riverside either.

did he stay home?

minho is actually scared to go to his house because the younger might get the wrong idea with him barging into the latter's house.

why does he care so much anyway?

it's already twelve at midnight and he still can't sleep yet.

he'll try to reach the younger again. if he still didn't respond, then he'll stop bothering him.

jisung is brushing his teeth in his bathroom. felix is in his room,scrolling on his phone.

since it's already late, jisung allowed felix to sleep with him.

it really doesn't end well if they sleep together.

flashback...

felix and jisung were nine years old.

hyunjin's mom didn't allow his son to come to felix's house for an overnight because he's been bullied at school again the same day, telling the two younger that hyunjin needs rest for today.

of course the kids were disappointed. they were there when hyunjin got bullied. just like the old times. they should've punched their faces when they had the chance.

"i told you to let me rip off their faces from their heads, you didn't listen. now they're bullying hyunjin again." jisung scoffed.

"stop sulking, jisung! if you fight them then you're not different from them. we just have to protect hyunjin always and that wouldn't be a problem." felix pouted.

"it's just that i feel like we aren't helping him enough." jisung pouted too.

"what if we bring him my mom's brownies to help him feel better?" felix suggested. jisung's eyes lit up and looked at the younger.

"that's a good idea!" they both smiled widely.

the rest of their time was spent watching felix's mother make brownies for the kids. she separated the brownie bars fairly for the three of them.

"yay! thank you mom!" felix exclaimed. felix's mom just smiled and patted her son's head.

"enjoy!" she said.

they indeed enjoyed her brownies. the two kids ate their brownies and they went to hyunjin's house again to bring him his own brownies. after that they went home and were playing in felix's room all day.

it is already late, and the two are already laying down on the bed.

"what if we throw your ball up? whoever throws the highest will solo the bed." jisung said.

"sure!" felix stood up and grabbed his tennis ball in the basket full of his toys.

"who goes first?" felix asked.

"me! me!" jisung exclaimed. felix gave him the ball and they started throwing the ball up in the air.

the ball went higher each throw of the two and when felix threw it out, it hit the lights in felix's room and it broke down.