M3GAN First Scene

[Gemma, Tess and Cole build M3GAN; time skip, everyone except Gemma in front of the play room in Funki building] 

David: What is this? Where's Gemma? Where's my prototype? 

Cole: Uh, David, I just want to be exceedingly clear that this was not my idea. 

[Tess and Cole starting the presentation; Gemma, Cady and Sophie coming into the play room] 

Gemma: Girls, there's someone I want you both to meet. Do you remember how much you liked Bruce? I think you're gonna like M3GAN even more. 

[three of them come to turned off M3GAN] 

Gemma: You see, Bruce requires someone else to operate him, but M3GAN works all on her own. 

[Gemma preparing M3GAN] 

Gemma: Okay. What I want you to do is take your fingers and put them right on her hands. And when you do that, you're gonna pair with her. That means she will recognize you as her primary users. She's yours and yours alone. So just keep your fingers there and say your names. 

[Sophie taking M3GAN's hand, Cady also does it, but, in contrast to Sophie, she's doing it being bored and a little bit angry] 

Sophie: Hi, M3GAN. I'm Sophie. And that's my younger sister, Cady. 

[M3GAN turns on] 

M3GAN: It's nice to meet you, girls. Oh, I like your jacket, Sophie. Where'd you get it? 

Sophie: I'm not sure. I can't remember. 

M3GAN: Oh, well, anyway, it looks good on you. Do you two want to hang out? 

Sophie: Okay. 

[M3GAN getting up and coming to the table, she sits at it; Sophie grows happy, but Cady grows angry and bored, the girls come to the table and sit in front of M3GAN] 

M3GAN: Shall we draw? 

[Cady rolling her eyes] 

Sophie: What are you going to draw? 

M3GAN: See if you can guess. 

[M3GAN drawing, when she's done she shows Cady and Sophie a picture] 

Cady: There's nothing there. 

M3GAN: Oh. I'm sorry. 

[M3GAN splashing a water on the paper, Cady grows tired, Sophie takes the painting and sees her and her sister's portrait] 

M3GAN: Do you like it? 

Sophie: I love it. 

David: Jesus. This is incredible. I mean... this is unbelievable, isn't it? 

Tess: Yeah, it is. 

[Gemma coming out of the play room] 

David: How did you do this? 

Gemma: I thought you didn't want to know. 

David: That wasn't a simulation, right? That kids're not actresses? 

Gemma: No, they're my nieces, Cady and Sophie. 

David: Okay, we need to get this in front of the board. 

Kurt: I was just gonna say... 

David: But first things first. Let's talk manufacturing costs. More or less than a Tesla? 

[Gemma thinking] 

Gemma: Um... depends on the model, I guess. 

David: Okay, I'm in. I'm all in. But we're gonna be asking the board to invest in something that's not gonna see a profit for three years. So bottom line is, this isn't going anywhere without Greg. 

Kurt: He's the chairman. 

Gemma: Yeah, I know who Greg is, Kurt. 

David: Now, Greg is a hard-ass, when it comes to spending money. But here's a thing. He's got a kid who's about the same age as your nieces. If we can show him what you just showed me and get him to respond emotionally instead of analytically, we should be off to the races. So, can we keep the girls? Can we make them part of it? I mean, they're paired with her, right? That's how this whole thing works? 

Gemma: Yeah, the more time she spends with Sophie and Cady, the more effective she's gonna be. 

David: Love it. Kurt, get Shelley on the phone. Gem, get me a list of things I can say in a presentation that makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about. Holy shit, this is exciting. I want you all to remember this moment. The moment we kicked Hasbro right in the dick.