pilot.

aurora malfoy was well known to the students of hogwarts, particularly because of her twin brother, draco malfoy and her parents. boys wanted to be with her, girls wanted to be her and the staff... well they just wanted her to behave.

she was constantly hit on and asked out, however her heart already belonged to someone else. and that someone else just happened to be none other than theodore nott. the only person her brother had forbade her to be in a relationship with. which to her, made no sense, as he never approved of anyone she had been with either.

her friend group was the most well known and hated group of the school. they kept to themselves but knew everything about everyone.
aurora malfoy, the drinker.
draco malfoy, the bully.
theo nott, the smoker.
eleanor baker, the whore.
lorenzo berkshire, the joker.
blaise zabini, the brain.
pansy parkinson, the darling.
mattheo riddle, the flirt.

they were all a bit of everything but, this is what the school knew them for. after all, you can only know what you can see. each and every one of them had secrets and qualities no one would ever know about, apart from each other. they told each other everything, which is exactly why this secret was eating aurora alive.

especially when they were all sat in the room of requirements playing truth or dare with veritaserum. nobody knew about the events of last weeks party. nobody knew how in a false confident/drunken state she had confessed all feelings towards theodore. nobody knew how he had led her up to his dorm. nobody knew what went on behind that door. she wasn't even sure if theo remembered it himself.

"aurora? aurora?"

shit. she was so lost in thought about what had happened, she forgot she was even playing the stupid game. "sorry, i was thinking.."

"ive been calling you for the last 2 minutes! what was you thinking about?" enzo asked

"oh, um, i dont remember." she lied. "what did you need?"

"Its your turn!" draco said as he rolled his eyes. "truth or dare?"

"dare" she said shifting uncomfortably in her seat, knowing they will catch on soon enough that she was hiding something. she had picked dare for the last 10 rounds.

"i dare you to... kiss the most attractive person in the room" enzo said.

draco quickly spoke up "thats not fair, it would be incest if she did it truthfully"

everyone laughed before aurora got up and walked to the other side of the circle and kissing eleanor quickly on the lips, in a friendly way. she couldn't have chosen theo or everyone would know. so she chose el, who was a close second anyways.

after playing for a few more rounds, everyone decided to retire for the night. aurora offered to stay back, and clean up the bottles of veritaserum. everyone left the room cautiously, as it was after hours and they had already had too many detentions, this year. theo was about to leave the room once everyone else had when he looked back and saw aurora sat on the floor with her head in her hands.

"hey, are you alright rory?" he asked, genuinely worried.

aurora cleared her throat and looked at him "me?yeah im- im fine"

theo sighed and closed the door before sitting next to her on the floor.

"we should talk about what happened last week shouldnt we?" he mumbled.

"i thought you didnt even remember it" aurora laughed awkwardly.

"its all i can think about.." he said honestly as he lent back on his elbows "i want it to happen again, you know?"

"i want you to know im not looking for friends with benefi-"

"i like you, rory. i only havent acted on it because of draco. hes my best mate and he would kill me if he ever found out i did as little to touch you"

aurora blushes slightly and mumbles to myself "youve done more than touch me"

upon hearing her, he smirked. "im just saying, i dont want us to miss out on something that could be amazing. i want us to try" he paused "it would have to be a secret though.. no one could know"

aurora simply nodded, lost for words. 10 minutes ago she had been shitting herself thinking he had forgotten all about that night and she would be hopelessly in love with the boy until the day she died. dreams never becoming a fantasy. she wanted to wake up. she couldnt do this to herself. "pinch me"

"what?"

"pinchme!"

he did.

"ow!"

"you told me too!"

"i needed to make sure i wasnt dreaming!"

"oh darling, i should be the one asking to be pinched" he smirked and pulled her onto his lap, making her straddle him. he only smirked further when he saw her flushed face. "wheres all that confidence gone?"

"its fake! im not confident.. its an act"

he stroked a stray piece of hair from her face and tucked it behind her ear before kissing her cheek. "yo u cant pretend to be brave"

"how do i then?"

"youre just nervous because you like me"

"i do?"

"you dont?"

"of course i do!" she playfully pushes his shoulder before climbing off his lap. "i dont want to rush into anything theo. ive liked you for such a long time, i just want to enjoy things"

theo simply nodded. "anything you want"

it was too good to be true. auroras crush of 4 years likes her back? and is willing to be in a secret relationship with her? this could either be the best or worst thing thats ever happened to her.