Chapter 12

RECAP

Neighbor: "Is this really all you've got? I only have one hand."

Alex: "I'm just getting started."

Alex throws a hook, and the neighbor sways back.

Alex steps in and throws another punch; the neighbor sways down and also moves forward.

The neighbor then punches Alex in his stomach, but Alex stays on his feet.

The neighbor: "Alright, I'm done playing with you. You're too weak. I commend you for not falling though."

The neighbor takes his baton out and activates it.

Gale: "A-a-alex, are y-y-you okay?"

Alex: "I'm fine."

Alex takes his katana back out.

Alex: "This is where the real fight starts."

Chapter 12

The neighbor swings his baton at Alex.

Alex blocks the strike and hears a static sound coming from the baton.

Alex swings back, and the neighbor blocks it.

Alex tries to stomp on the neighbor's foot, but the neighbor moves his foot back and thrusts his baton.

Alex moves out of the way and aims his sword hilt at the neighbor's arm.

The neighbor does a spinning maneuver to avoid the attack.

Alex follows up with another slash with the back of his blade.

The neighbor can't escape the strike and puts his other arm up to block it (the arm that was in a cast).

Alex: "You're done!"

The sword clashes against the neighbor's arm, making a clanging sound as if two swords clashed together.

Gale and Alex both look surprised.

Alex: "What?!?! That's what was in that cast?"

The neighbor's hand and part of his forearm were prosthetic with a material Alex and Gale aren't exactly familiar with; the prosthetic was labeled with the letters "CRK."

The Neighbor: "I didn't think I'd have to use this hand against you. It was still in testing, but I can't get arrested now. Bring it on."

Alex: "Just more bragging rights for when I beat you then."

The neighbor swings his baton again.

Alex dodges and swings his sword for a counter.

The neighbor blocks the sword with his prosthetic arm.

Alex swipes his sword, and the neighbor ducks the attack and tries punching Alex with his prosthetic arm.

Alex doesn't react in time.

Gale: "A-ALEX!"

Gale pulls Alex out of the way.

The neighbor's punch puts a hole in the metal door frame by Alex before Gale moved him.

Gale: "I-I-it makes s-s-sense now."

Alex: "What?"

Gale: "H-h-he is t-t-the one that s-s-shot the victim, h-h-his arm t-t-tells it all."

Alex: "Hmmm?"

Gale: "F-f-first, remember in L-l-luke and E-e-ethans simulation, that h-h-hole in the d-d-door?"