The Deal

"Diane, I offered you a deal, you can still take it! Me for her! Let me take her place!" Spencer cried out as he was signaling his team to stay back, he thought he could talk his way out of this. He wanted to believe he could.

Diane scoffs, she rolls her eyes, keeping her gaze on Spencer, the gun still pointed under Maeve's chin. "You would do that?"

"Yes!" Spencer replied, the fear coursing through his veins, the adrenaline rush on high, he wanted so badly to be able to just stop her, he wasn't expecting what would happen next.

"You would kill yourself for her?!" Diane asked again, as if she didn't hear him before, it looked like she was contemplating something. Oh god. This wasn't going to end well, the entire team could tell.

"Yes!" Spencer spoke again, he was about to say something else, to try and make her see reason, but Maeve spoke up first.

Maeve sighs, she opened her mouth to speak before Spencer could utter another word. "Thomas Merton." Was all she said. Proving Diane wrong, her and Spencer did have that special connection. He could tell what she was saying.

Diane looked like she was angrier when she noticed the way they both looked at one another. "Who's Thomas Merton?! Who is he?!"

Maeve spoke before Spencer could try and come up with an explanation. "He is the one thing you can never take from us." She looked at Spencer. Wanting him to be the last person she saw, but what she didn't expect was Diane Turner changing her mind last second.

Diane turned the gun on the side of Maeve's head and byproxy her own.

Spencer looked like he was on the verge of tears. Like he was going to break. "No! Wai-" He couldn't finish his sentence.

Diane smirked, that's when everyone realized what was about to happen.

Maeve froze up, she should've done something, she COULD'VE done something! Anything to have helped the bullet stray somewhere else, but that could've put the rest of the BAU at risk.

Diane turned the gun in a split second onto Spencer. Her aim was shockingly good for someone studying to be a geneticist.

The gun went off, in a split second, that split second, Spencer reacted when Maeve couldn't, calculating where the bullet was heading, towards his temple, he knew the brain inside and out, so he immediately put his hands up, turning off to the left side, the direction away from his teammates, the bullet went through his hands first, and then went through the far right side of his head. There was no exit wound.

Emily was a sniper, she was outside on the roof of a nearby building, finally having a good shot, she took it, shooting Diane point blank in the back of her head.

Maeve couldn't move, she couldn't breathe, she felt like she was going to throw up, she watched her ex fiance die in front of her, she was helpless to do anything, but now Spence, her Spence, was shot in the far right side of the temple, and his hands to make matters worse, and now he was fighting for his life, that is if his brain didn't stop working.

Maeve just fell to her knees and broke down sobbing, she felt someone wrap their arms around her, she knew it was another female, presumably the blonde agent, since she saw blonde hair through her tears. She held onto the fellow woman and sobbed into her shoulder. "I-It's all my f-fault..... I-I'm so sorry..... I'm so sorry....."