I can't tell between reality?

Italics: thought
Regular: uh plot?

I really only agreed due to her excitement, but she was really damn passionate about the board walk...
So... I decided to walk it with her.
"So, Kai how do you like it so far?" she asked as she interlocked her fingers with mine, her head in my direction as we walked, it was quiet besides the occasional laughter from others there.

I smile tensly, clearly uncomfortable around the edge near the water "it's amazing Leah!" I look softly into her grey eyes.

she looked at you with a soft smile and bright eyes, she tilted her head at me.
"Are you comfortable around water?" She raised an eyebrow as she looked at the water, her head still tilted as she gazed back at me.

I grimace slightly "it's just an irrational fear!"
I smile, it looked forced.
Leah's expression softened now, as she turned ro face the water again... "Its alright... Irrational or not, they're your feelings..."
Her eyes lowered... "Don't feel the need to force it..."

I laugh loudly "its ok Leah! Im fine as long as we dont go swimming!" I smile brightly though i tend to stay in the middle.

she laughed too, as she turned to face me again.
"Then we shall stay away from the water!" She tilted her head again, as she looked at my face, smiling still.
"I hope your not creeped out by me staring...?"
Leah felt like she was making this more awkward than this should be.

I sigh looking away "im making this awkward arent i...?"
my voice cracks as i speak, a red tinged my cheeks as i laugh.

Leah just chuckled at my question.
"Actually it takes two to make something awkward..."
But her mind told her she was making things awkward, in her head she was screaming to herself.p
"Oh my god... Am i making things awkward? I should just stop talking... Right? Oh god"

I look out on the ocean a content smile on my face "your right it does take two.... Uh"
I look thoughtful before frustration crosses my face.
"Seriously?! I lose the thought now?" I groan in annoyance scratching at the back of my head.

Leah looked at me, in a curious manner, tilting her head as she raised an eyebrow. "why cant you remember?"

I sigh in frustration "because i fell and hit my head in californ-" i cut myself off.

"...in California?" Leah looked confused by my statement before realisation hit her, she covered her mouth in shock.
"Did you say California? As in the California i have heard some of my friends talking about?"

Sorrow filled my chest as i stared at Leah. "Ye...yeah"

Leah continued to stare at me, with a concerned, worried expression on her face. "Do you mind... If i ask you, about California's incident...?"
She looked at me, seeming rather uncomfortable, like she was asking me something important.

I dont acknowledge the question as if i hadnt heard it, i mumble under my breath "its to perfect isnt it?"
I sigh a headache appearing "fuck sakes"

"What?" Leah asked confused.
She stares at me "what hapoened in California?" She spoke again.

I sigh "telling you wont change a thing! You lost all memories..." I swallow hard tearing up.
"It doesnt matter anyway..."

"I dont care if it wont change anything!" Leah's voice sounded stern and serious, but she still sounded concerned.
"i want to know why this happened and who you are..."
Leah's tone started to show she wasn't joking around... But she was trying to be respectful, her head still tilted at me.
As she spoke with concern in her tone.

I groan "i was your friend... Nothing is real" I stop my sentence but continue on to another "we meet just outside of a train station, we got close talking about science... You convinced me to do what i love"