16. recording

˚ · • . ° .

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗥𝗘𝗖𝗢𝗥𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗢𝗙 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗚 with chase atlantic, i wake up to my phone's alarm buzzing.

i'm not a morning person at all so i hit snooze. i want to sleep.

but then it dawns on me: I'M RECORDING A SONG WITH CHASE ATLANTIC.

as that thought crosses through my mind, a huge grin settles on my face, and i jump off the bed quickly, too excited to try to rest some more.

i put on my chase atlantic playlist and i go into the shower.

when i'm done, i dry myself off and start blow drying my hair. i get dressed and put on some makeup, not too much but enough.

it's 7.45 am when i leave my house.

i drive to the studio, jittery and nervous, but i get there five minutes before 8.00 am. perfect.

i put my car in my parking spot and make my way up to the recording part of the studio.

when i get there, i see laura's already all set up, but i can't see the band or their manager, miles.

"morning, laura." i beam.

"good morning, bells." she smiles widely and hugs me. "are you ready?" she asks, taking my hands.

"fuck yes. i'm going to nail this." i tell her.

laura e-mailed me the song yesterday, right after the call, and i have it all memorized. i'm confident it'll all go well, but i'm still nervous as shit.

right then, the elevator doors open, and three guys and the older man step out.

i recognize them as mitchell cave, clinton cave and christian anthony: the members of chase atlantic. and of course, the man who i think is their manager, miles.

my jaw drops when i see them. this is all i've ever dreamed of, and it's coming true.

they smile and make their way over to me and laura.

the guys hug me one by one, while miles shakes my hand politely.

we exchange hello's and then laura speaks. "let's get to work, shall we?" she's very direct, i love that about her.

"sure." michell says, as the others nod.

we sync the beats, get everything ready to record, review the lyrics one last time, and then the magic starts.

i don't have a lot of lyrics to sing: just the post chorus 1, verse 2 and some background vocals for chorus 2, but still, we all go into the studio and record the first version of the song.

mitchell, the lead singer, starts the song.

˚ · • . ° .

{verse 1: mitchell}
"cubаn lіnk, dіаmоnd сrоѕѕ
i gоt а sраnіѕh chіquіtа
no hаblа іnglеѕ, nоt аt аll
cut uр thrее lіnеѕ lіkе adіdаѕ
shе сlеаn thаt shit uр wіth hеr nоѕе
and i gоt а kіlо, nо kіlіmаnјаrо bаbу
juѕt а mоuntаіn оf соkе"