~1~

It was a melancholy day in Gravity Falls. Only a day before, Mabel and Dipper Pines were celebrating their 13th birthday with the whole town at the Mystery Shack. Now they were at the bus station, awaiting the bus that'd take them back to Piedmont.

Everyone they'd made friends with over the summer was there, even Pacifica Northwest. And everyone was feeling a mix of sad and happy. Happy that they'd met the amazing Mystery Twins, but sad that now they were leaving.

"Hey Dipper," Wendy Corduroy came up to the brunette with a sad smile on her face. Dipper had had a huge crush on her for the whole summer, but overall they were just good friends.

Dipper turned to meet Wendy, tilting his head slightly in confusion. She took off her Lumberjack hat, snagging Dipper's ballcap right off his head.

"He-" Dipper was about to protest, but Wendy plopped her hat down onto his head, cutting him off. She fixated Dipper's hat onto her own head, adjusting it a little before smiling down at Dipper.

"We can trade back next time you visit." Wendy nudged Dipper's arm, and Dipper smiled at Wendy. He turned back to his twin sister, who was giving Dipper a knowing look.

Dipper scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Don't look at me like that." Dipper shoved Mabel a bit, and she let out a small giggle. Waddles, Mabel's pig, let out an oink from behind Mabel, and the twins turned to the pig.

They heard something coming down the road, everyone turning to see what it was. A bus came driving down the road. Dipper and Mabel knew that bus. It was the one that would be taking them 'home'.

Grunkle Stan sighed. "Kids," he started, and the twins turned to face him. "I just want you to know, even though we almost died alot this summer, it was one of the best ones I've ever had." Stan gave them a bittersweet smile, kneeling down.

Dipper and Mabel engulfed Stan in a hug, and he gladly hugged them back. He let go of his niece and nephew once the bus came to a halting stop in front of everyone.

The doors opened, revealing a miserable-looking bus driver. "Now going to Piedmont, California." the bus driver mumbled out.

Grunkle Ford put a hand on both Dipper and Mabel's shoulders, and they looked up at him. "I didn't know you two long, but I am very glad to have had you in my life." he smiled at them.

"You dudes," Soos started, sniffling between words, tears in his eyes. "You dudes are really gonna be missed around here-" Soos was cut off by a large sob, tears pouring out of his eyes.

"Aw Soos, don't cry." Mabel wiped at her own eyes, trying not to cry herself. "I'm glad I met y'all. Sorry for bein' so creepy to you, Mabel." Gideon rubbed at the back of his neck apologetically.

"And sorry for tryin' to kill you, Dipper." the psychic added. Mabel and Dipper chuckled, and Dipper shook his head. "It's whatever. I think we've experienced worse this summer." Dipper remarked, making everyone chuckle.

"Thanks for like, making me have better morals." Pacifica spoke up, and Dipper and Mabel glanced at each other, before smiling warmly at her.

The bus honked loudly, making everyone jump. "We don't have all day." the bus driver said snarkily, and Dipper and Mabel rolled their eyes.

"Alright, alright. We have to go." Dipper nudged Mabel's arm, and she nodded sadly at him. "I'm really gonna miss you guys." Mabel rubbed her arm, looking down.

With one last big group hug, Mabel and Dipper got onto the bus. Waddles tried to follow him, but the bus driver was quick to shoo him away, pointing at a 'No Animals' sign.

Stan and Ford, however, had a different plan. They both gave the driver a threatening look, Ford pulling out a magnet gun from his jacket, and Stan holding up his brass-knuckled fist.