eighteen.

♡⁠(⁠>⁠ ⁠ਊ⁠ ⁠<⁠)⁠♡

warning: mention of bullying, kidnapping.

flashback...

hyunjin was eleven years old.

hyunjin only figured it out when he was in sixth grade. he thought it was just an admiration for the younger but the latter did fight for him since they were kids, and he liked jisung for that. not platonically, but romantically.

and because he was younger back then, he hated himself for liking the younger. he thought if he distanced himself from his friends, those feelings might come to an end.

so, he told his mother about wanting to go to the city to continue his studying there. his parents quickly agreed to his request because they know that hyunjin is suffering from bullying in his school.

hyunjin was twelve years old.

his new life in the city was so far, so good. he met minho and chan on the first day of school and he was popular in his new school. even so, he kept his humbleness in him and he became the better version of himself there.

a month later, it was afternoon. he walked down the street after attending a classmate's birthday party. he was on the way home because his mother needed him in the house.

as he was walking, he sensed someone following him. at first, he didn't mind it. but the faster he walked, the person behind him walked fast too. he looked around the street to find a crowded place when someone ran beside him and clung their arms around the boy. hyunjin flinched and he thought he was gonna get kidnapped but it was jisung who ran after him and just saved him from getting kidnapped.

jisung just saved him.

again.

what is he doing in the city?

isn't he supposed to be in the province?

hyunjin just looked at him, confused as they continued walking. he looked back and he saw that the person was already gone. he let a sigh of relief and again looked at the younger. jisung glanced at him and he smiled.

"what are you doing here?" hyunjin asks, still staring at the latter.

"i just transferred here. and i heard from the others that you're here too. you're quite famous here." jisung chuckled.

"transferred to where?" the older asked nervously.

the latter pointed at the direction behind them. "the school beside the playground."

hyunjin sighed. he was thankful because the way to his school is in front of them. but jisung is still close to him, and he finds that rather comforting.

he always felt safe around jisung since the first day they met.

after a week or two, they always hang out with each other after school. jisung often comes to the hwang's house and stays there for a while to study.

one afternoon ago, hyunjin and jisung were studying at hyunjin's house. jisung was reading a textbook at hyunjin's bed, while hyunjin was taking notes at his study table.

they heard the doorbell rang from downstairs.

"i'll get it." hyunjin said. jisung just nodded and continued reading.

hyunjin went downstairs and peeked at the window beside the door to see who the person behind the door was.

it was chan and minho.

he immediately opened the door and they smiled at each other.

"are you free for a group study today?" minho asks. hyunjin hesitated as he looked up and shook his head in response.

"sorry, i can't today. my mom didn't allow me to let someone in the house or hang out with anyone today. we can have a group study tomorrow or next week, if you want though." hyunjin said.

but none of it was true. he just didn't want jisung to be uncomfortable by some unfamiliar people in the same room as him. he really can't predict jisung's emotions so it's the best thing for just the two of them to hang out now.

"oh, okay. but we bought you your favorite brownies. you can eat it while you're alone." chan gave hyunjin a paper bag and the two smiled.

"thank you guys. see you tomorrow!" he said and the two walked away. hyunjin shut the door and sighed.

jisung heard it all.

why did he lie to them?

he ran back to hyunjin's room when he heard footsteps coming upstairs and hopped onto his bed and opened his book, pretending to read.

hyunjin went into the room and shut the door.

"who was that?" jisung asked.

"some admirers. they know my house so they went here to catch my attention. they even bought me brownies." jisung knew damn well it was a lie. why would hyunjin lie to his best friend?

"your face is as thick as this book." jisung lifted his book that he personified on the older and the latter laughed.

"hsre. let's eat this." hyunjin unpacked the brownies and they both ate in silence.

three months later, hyunjin heard that jisung went back to the province. he was sad because of the younger's disappearance and the latter didn't even bid farewell to him.

he was quite mad at jisung for that.

but he knew the latter wouldn't leave without proper goodbyes unless he has a problem.

he trusts the younger.

he knew they would still see each other when all is well.

and until this day, hyunjin held that belief because he still likes jisung, even if they never communicated or meet personally.

hyunjin was quite excited when he heard that minho is hanging out with jisung and the first thing that he thought at that moment was that he needed to see the younger and finally confess his feelings to him, to thank him for everything that he done to the older, to finally ask him out.

even if he wouldn't stand a chance because minho is starting to like him.

he knew it all.

but he had nothing to lose.

he trusts jisung so much that even after he confessed and get rejected, the younger would still consider him as a friend.

hopefully.

-

okay, a quite long flashback and it's hyunjin's point of view! it's not that quite of a plot twist but we need someone to twist the plot a little, eh? sorry for the long wait i should've posted this update earlier in the midnight, but i was busy talking to my friends. ಥ⁠_⁠ಥ i think that's all and see you on the next chapter!

you're special, remember that!

xoxo, leeknoringg.

Riverside जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें