Prologue

The Dragon Council, a group of powerful representatives from each dragon tribe, was standing in front of twelve dragons. Six male, six female, all twelve from different tribes. "The Dragon council has gathered here today to sentence the parents of unholy eggs. These eggs have been created through a crime so heinous that our warring tribes have briefly come together. You twelve have been convicted for the crime of mating with dragons of other tribes, and birthing Forbidden Dragons. How do you plead?" One of the council members yelled at the twelve dragons before them.

"Guilty." They all responded at once.

"I expected more of a fight from you twelve." One of the council members said in surprise.

"The females are unable to hide the fact they were pregnant, while we males would never abandon our mates." The Shadow Dragon of the twelve before the council said.

The Shadow Dragon on The Council looked down sadly at her previous follower."We will have no proof that the male dragons are guilty until the dragons are born, even then you could pin the blame on another member of your tribe." The Shadow Dragon on the council said.

"We take full responsibility as fathers." a Light Dragon said.

"Well I commend your bravery, but that means you all will face punishment," The Iron Dragon on the council said. "Please wait for our decision, until then you will wait in the cell room."

The twelve were brought to a room with magic canceling properties. The large iron door was locked behind them. As soon as the door closed, The Water Dragon of the group broke down into tears."Pearl!" The Wind Dragon of the Twelve yelled. He ran over and wrapped his wings around her in a hug. "It's okay, it's okay." He whispered to her in a soothing manner.

"Don't lie to your mate, Cumulus." The Shadow Dragon said in a monotone manner.

"Skiadrum!" The Fire Dragon yelled. "You don't have to be so blunt!"

"You know it's true, Kasai." Skiadrum argued. "I failed at protecting you from The Council, and now our child may not even live to see its own mother!" He yelled with tears streaming down his face.Kasai suddenly felt bad for yelling at Skiadrum like that. He seemed to be, despite being a Shadow Dragon, in his own pit of darkness.

Just then, Skiadrum was interrupted from hating himself, because he noticed that one of the twelve wasn't in complete despair, in fact he seemed to be thinking. It was the Light Dragon.

"Specter. I know that look on your face." Skiadrum said. "What are you planning?"

"Remember back at Flaming Peace, when we were learning how to combat magic cancel?" He asked.

"Yeah, magic cancel is also a type of magic, and all magic can be overpowered by stronger magic." Skiadrum replied. "But, that's nearly impossible due to the fact that magic cancel is made to cancel magic!"

"Hear me out. I bet, if we all attempt to overpower it, we can at least open a hole big enough for either Skiadrum or I to turn into light or shadows, escape, grab the eggs, and head for the outcast lands." That's the point at which everyone froze.

"The outcast lands!" the Poison Dragon yelled.

"Calm down, Doku. Hear me out. Think about you and Tetsu's dragonette. The council will probably have the eggs crushed, while the outcast lands, the eggs will be safe, none of the council will even attempt to go after us."

"But a lot of those dragons were sent to the outcast lands for a reason." Doku retorted."Either Skiadrum or I will be there to protect them." He responded.

"How about both of you go, then it will be easier to protect the kids." Kasai suggested.

"What!? No! I could never leave you behind!" Skiadrum shouted at Kasai.

"Don't worry, you'll come back one day, and I will be here waiting for you when you do." she said, tears running down her smiling face. After a few minutes of persuasion, Skiadrum finally, though reluctantly, agreed to the plan.

"Alright, everyone except Skiadrum and I, will focus all the magic energy they have on the bars over the window, you guys should be able to combat the magic, and Skiadrum and I will shift, go out, find the eggs, and escape." Specter explained to the rest of the twelve.They all decided to go along with his plan. The ten who were not going all concentrated. nothing seemed to happen, but then sparks began to shoot off the window.

"It's working!" Skiadrum yelled in surprise. Honestly, he thought they would fail. The sparks stopped and the window and the area around seemed to dull compared to the rest. The two dragons said their goodbyes and hurried off to find the eggs. Specter had shifted into what seemed be a large cluster of small specks of light, while Skiadrum shifted into a formless shadow. Specter stayed near the ceiling where torches were giving off light he could hide in, while Skiadrum stayed in the dark corners. They eventually found a room with more guards than the rest. They snuck through and seeped through the cracks of the wooden door. Inside they found the eggs with no guards on the inside. Bit of a stupid move.

The two shifted back into their regular forms and made their way, as quietly as possible, over to the eggs. The eggs themselves were very different than regular dragon eggs. Fire Dragon eggs are red and extremely warm, Shadow Dragon eggs are black and seemed like shadows were attracted to them, Wood Dragon dragon eggs looked a bit like giant pinecones, Light Dragon eggs were mostly white with a gold splotch here and there and seemed to give off light, Lightning Dragon eggs were yellow with some blue streaks and gave off static electricity, Ice Dragon eggs were a pale white-blue and extremely cold, Iron Dragon eggs looked like polished balls of iron, Poison Dragon eggs were a deep purple and were supposedly poisonous when eaten, Water dragon eggs were a deep blue and for some reason were always wet, Wind Dragon eggs were pure white and very light, Rock Dragon eggs looked like boulders, and Crystal Dragons eggs looked like very large diamonds. The Dragon eggs that the six females gave birth to were quite extraordinary.

The Fire-Shadow Dragon egg was mostly black with red splotches, was extremely warm, and attracted so many shadows that the area around all six eggs was covered in shadows. The only reason the eggs weren't engulfed in shadows, was because of the glowing pinecone. The Wood-Light Dragon egg looked like a regular Wood Dragon egg, but it was glowing. The Water-Wind egg was partly deep blue and partly baby blue, with a puddle around it. The Rock-Crystal egg looked mostly like a Rock Dragon egg, but some crystal peeked out, so it looked like a crystal with a thin layer of dirt on it.

"Okay, how do you wanna do this?"Skiadrum asked."Can you turn into shadows and take eggs with you?" Specter asked.

"Yes, can you do the same with light?" the shadow dragon asked in response.

"Yes." He replied. Skiadrum grabbed the Fire-Shadow, the Iron-Poison, and the Rock-Crystal egg. Specter had the other three, and together, they changed form and took off.

★★★★★★★

Kasai looked upon the dragon council as most of them fumed with anger.

"How the hell did two of them escape!?" The Water Dragon yelled.

"We have no idea, sir." One of the guards replied. "We believe that the magic cancel is simply becoming weary with age, and we need to replace it. We have not used this fortress in hundreds of years."

"Very well," The Rock Dragon ambassador replied. "I will see to The Rock Dragon King that a search for more magic cancel is underway. Solely for the cell of course."

"Good," The Shadow Dragon Queen replied. "Now we must decide what to do with the remaining ten. I'd recommend the outcast lands." She said, knowing that's where Skiadrum would be heading.

"Are you brain dead, Inuhoozuki!? That's obviously where Skiadrum and Specter went." The Poison Dragon Queen yelled. "I say we kill them where they stand."

"Enough! Venom, Zuki," The Lightning Dragon said. "We will take a vote, all in favor of death, raise their talons." Eight of the dragons raised their talons, they only ones that didn't were Zuki, The Iron Dragon King, The Light Dragon Queen, and The Ice Dragon Queen.

The Ten were devastated that they would never be able to see their kids, though none were more devastated than Pine and Kasai.