WELCOME

Hold it,
focus,
hoping.
Take me back to the light.

| INTRODUCTION |

Hello, lovelies! Welcome to TO THE LIGHT (previously known as SEA OF LOVE).

This fantasy fic follows the story of Lucia and Harry after they meet one sunny morning and everything Lucia knows to be true about the world is turned on its head completely. Mermaids are real, and Harry is one!

It's a very soft story with a few sad/distressing moments, but a happy ending is to be had! It will only be 12 chapters long (plus an epilogue or two). Each chapter will be dated with a month beginning in January and ending in December. 

Most chapters will likely have a little hint to IRL Harry, too. Keep in mind, this isn't a famousrry fic (which would be AMAZING considering he's a mermaid in this story), but I like to allude to real life Harry moments. He's a wonderful muse <3

| CAST |

The only two face claims that I have for this story are for the main characters and can be found below. You're of course free to welcome whomever else you'd like in these roles, but this is Harry Styles fanfiction with a specific focus on the Fine Line era, so that might be difficult for his character lmao!

 You're of course free to welcome whomever else you'd like in these roles, but this is Harry Styles fanfiction with a specific focus on the Fine Line era, so that might be difficult for his character lmao!

Please remember that Lily Collins (Lucia - pronounced Loo-sha) and Harry Styles (Harry - duh) being used as face claims hold no comparison to the characters in this story. The behaviours and actions written do not reflect these real life people. This is a work of fiction.

This story will be told in third person and from Lucia's perspective.

| WARNINGS |

This story is aimed for an 18+ audience only and will include various mature themes such as:

Explicit language
Alcohol consumption
Distressing moments
Sexual content

I have no intentions of writing anything that could be triggering in this story, however if that does end up happening, I will make a note to indicate such content at the beginning of the chapter that includes it.

I think that TO THE LIGHT might be the first story where I don't intend on writing a lot of smut/kink-heavy content. Of course that could change, but I plan for this to be a very lovey and innocent story (not that smut/kink heavy stories aren't that, but you know what I mean).

I do think that it's important for me to note that while Harry is a mermaid, he does also have the ability to transform his tail into human legs (I'm cackling while writing this because it's actually insane that I'm creating this story). Human legs also means other human parts, therefore human smut can happen (what the hell am I doing lmao?!) Also, Lucia and Harry never had sex with anyone before. Spoiler alert, but again I thought it important to mention. Expect some sweet love-making that'll make you want to cry!

If the above paragraph wasn't clear enough, TO THE LIGHT is very much a fantasy story. I know for a fact that that won't be everybody's cup of tea (I didn't realise it was mine until I came up and fell in love with this idea), so if that's the case for you: don't read. Please don't leave negative comments, either. I will block without hesitation :)

This is a fantasy fictional world, which as a writer is a lot of fun to create. Please allow artistic licence for things - like the fact that I'm writing a famous musician that we adore as a goddamn mermaid!

Remember to be kind, spread love, and please vote!