Daybreak

Waking up to the movement of the sheets, you opened your eyes, only to be greeted by the bright light of the sun through your window. You blinked your eyes a few more times, turning around to see a figure of a person, standing with his back facing yours. You sat up on the bed, rubbing your eyes causing your vision to blur.

The person seemed to have noticed you have finally woken up, turning around, a slight smile formed on his face. “How was your sleep, mi amour?” Neuvillette bent down, placing a kiss on your forehead as he caressed your face. You smiled at the sight of your lover, “It was great..”

Neuvillette seems to have noticed that you may have wanted to speak of something, “Hm? What is it?” He asked, sitting on the bed with your head on his lap. It took you a few seconds before finally being able to form a proper response, “Can you lay down with me? That is.. if you don't have work at the moment.”

You wanted to spend a little more time with your lover in bed, but he is the Chief Justice of Fontaine. You had expected to get rejected just like the many days before today, but it never stopped you from asking to spend time with him. It took Neuvillette a few minutes before responding to your question, “All right, just for a few minutes. After that I will have to leave for work, is that all right, chérie?”

Your eyes lit up as he responded, nodding your head as a form of agreement. You removed your head from his lap and made space to let him lay beside your figure. You smiled brightly, this was the first time he ever agreed to stay in, even for just a few minutes. Your thoughts wandered in your head, before snapping back to reality, realizing that Neuvillette had just pecked your lips with his own.

Your face became red, trying to face your head to the other side but was quickly stopped by your lover, who once more placed his lips onto your own. You closed your eyes, enjoying the kiss. Seconds passed, lips finally parting. Neuvillette smiled before he spoke, “Tonight I will spend as much time with you as I can, mon amour” He then tucked the hair on your face behind your ear.

Ever since the two of you got wed, you haven't really got the chance to spend even a few minutes together at day. Neuvillette was a busy man, being the Chief Justice was no easy job, but of course he always tried his best to spend as much time with you once he arrivea home. Right now the two of you were just trying to enjoy the other's presence, knowing that there was a possibility you will not be able to re-experience this feeling of being in bed with your lover at daybreak.

“I love spending time with you like this, but of course there is work. I don't think I will be able to experience this in later days with you, let's enjoy this for now, shall we?” He smiled, slightly nodding as a form of response. You hugged him even tighter than before, smile growing even bigger as even more seconds passed.

Neuvillette breathed out a sigh as he eyed the clock which was placed on the wall behind you, “I have to get going now, I apologize, ma chérie” Neuvillette wore an obviously disappointed expression, he had to leave his lover for work, so how could he not?

You let go of Neuvillette, letting him get up from bed and straighten his clothes before speaking, “I will see you at dinner this evening, chérie” he smiled as you responded, “All right, Enjoy your day at work, mon amour” he left, closing the door to your shared room.

END.