CHAPTER 21

THIRD PERSON'S POV

After dropping off his wife at work, Czairex headed to his office to finish the work that awaited him. He didn't want Selene to go to work because she might get dizzy again due to her pregnancy, but his wife was persistent, so he had no choice but to allow her and just promised to call him immediately if there were any problems. Selene rested for two days after exposing herself to the sun and not drinking enough water, but after that, she insisted on going back to work, despite only working for less than a month and already having multiple absences.

Czairex stepped out when the steel door of the elevator opened. His eyes immediately landed on his secretary, who seemed to be engrossed in something on her computer, which was why she didn't notice him stop in front of her desk.

"Jelly?" Czairex called out.

Bahagya pang napaigtad ang dalaga at nagkukumahog na tumayo ito para batihin siya. "Good morning, sir."

Czairex nodded. "Good morning. Do I have a busy schedule today?"

Kinuha ni Jelly ang ipod at doon tinignan ang schedule ng kanyang boss. "Yes, sir. May dalawang magkasunod kayong meeting mamayang tanghali. Lunch and after, sir."

"Cancel that." Mabilis niyang usal.

"Sir?" Nagugulat na anito.

"Cancel my meetings. I have more important things to do later. More important than those meetings,"

"Pero sir—"

"Jelly." Czairex stopped her from talking. Wala ng nagawa pa ang sekretarya niya kundi tumango. Tinalikuran niya ang dalaga at pumasok sa opisina. Pero kaagad ding natigilan nang madatnan ang dalagang ayaw na niyang makita.

From looking over the entire city of Manila through the glass wall of his office, she turned to face him and smiled sweetly.

"Czairex—" she began.

"What are you doing here?" he interrupted her. He continued to move until he sat on his swivel chair without even looking at her.

"I want to talk to you," she said.

"About what?" he asked.

"Us. About us," she answered.

He looked at her with a blank expression. "Us? Last time I checked, there was nothing between us. So what else do we need to talk about?"

"I want you back," she said.

He froze. He was surprised by the sudden response of the girl, but his face remained blank. After staring at her for a moment, he looked away and sighed.

"I'm not coming back to you anymore," he said firmly.

"Why? Don't you love me anymore? Because Czairex, I still love you," she pleaded.

"Well, I don't, Niva," he answered firmly. "I already told you that I don't love you anymore. What is it that you don't understand about that?"

"Why is it so easy for you to stop loving me? Why is it so easy for you to forget me and replace me with some other woman? Why, Czairex?! Why?!" she exclaimed in frustration.

His ears rang from the loud shout, and he stood up abruptly. His eyes glared at the woman with anger.

"Easy?" he repeated, gritting his teeth in anger. "Do you think it's easy for me to forget you? Do you think it's easy for me to do that? No!" He shouted vehemently. "It isn't easy for me to forget you just because I want to. Niva, you know how much I like you. Alam nating pareho kung gaano kita kagusto na kahit ang tumingin sa ibang babae ay hindi ko magawa! Na kahit ang sumulyap man lang sa ibang babae ay hindi ko magawa dahil gusto kita! Gustong-gusto kita! Nandoon na ako, malapit ko nang maamin sa sarili ko at sayo na mahal kita. Pero tangina, kung kailan planado na ang lahat para ayain kang maging girlfriend ko, kung kailan aamin na ako sayo, doon ko pa malalaman ang totoo!" Marahas na bumuntong hininga si Czairex at sandaling natahimik bago nagsalita.