Chapter 1-Going to a Wedding

"Positive." Meredith choked out, tears racing from her eyes and leaving tiny droplets all over her dress. "Derek."

"Mer." Derek let's out in a breath. "Oh my God, Meredith."

He wrapped his arms around his wife and she felt his own tears splash onto her bare shoulders.

"Meredith." Derek repeated.

He chanted her name over and over again in his brain. Meredith. Baby. Positive. Love. Daddy. Mommy. Meredith. Meredith. Meredith, like a recurring prayer in his mind.

Meredith looked to her husband and laughed, as the tears still fell from her eyes freely and without pause.

"There's..." She begins, placing her hand protectively over her belly, her mommy instincts kicking in immediately and forever. "We made a baby."

"We did." He repeated, gently placing his hand over hers. "God, I'm so in love with you."

"Who?" She giggled.

Derek's heart fluttered in his chest. There were three people in the room. A family of three. The love for their child there in an instant. Unconditionally and forever. The reality was indescribable.

"Both of you." He laughed through his crying.

"I love you both, too." Meredith hugged her husband again, their baby between them, and buried her face in his neck. "I love you both so much."

"You know how I said our wedding was the happiest day of my life so far?" Derek asked.

Meredith kissed his neck, her own tears completely seeping through his white dress shirt. "And now?"

Derek rocked her back and forth in his arms, soaking in the feeling of unconditional love he had for his wife and their baby, safe inside her, he smiled widely. "This just topped it."