Chapter 1 Corn Dogs

Nat's POV:
"Come on Momma! We gotta get the corn dogs!" Yelena yelled as she pulled on moms arm. Mom was grabbing her purse and said "Yelena my love be patient." Yelena kept pulling and I grabbed her from mom. She was smaller than me so I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around me. I held on tight and she said "We have to get corn dogs Natty." She put her hands on my face and I said "We will Yelena! You just have to be super duper patient." She groaned and dad said "Let's go girls mommas gonna catch up with us in a minute. I started walking with Yelena still in my arms. She was small but heavy compared to my 6 year old self. I waddled my way towards dad and Yelena giggled. Dad sighed and said "Nat she can walk by herself." I put Yelena down and she sped towards the carnival entrance. I ran after her and I could her dad chuckling behind us.

"Lift your arms please." The worker said and I did. Yelena did the same and the guy strapped us in right. I looked at Yelena who was pouting. We had been on 3 rides and she hadn't gotten a corn dog. I kissed her cheek and said "It's okay Yelena!  I promise we'll get your corn dog." She rolled her eyes and I heard Mom yell out "Look here girls!" I turned my head and turned Yelena's as well. I smiled but suspected Yelena didn't. The ride then started and Yelena screamed. She grabbed my arm and I said "You're okay!" Yelena shook her head and said "It's to scary! To scary!" I grabbed her hand and said "Fear only makes us stronger." Yelena sniffled and said "That's right. That what momma says!" I smiled and Yelena put her hands in the air. She giggled and said "Look at me Natty! I got my hands in the air!" I laughed and copied her. She looked up at me giggling and said "It not scary anymore!" I smiled at her and she kept giggling. Other than crying she always giggled and I loved it.

We got off the ride and went back to mom and dad. Yelena begged dad to pick her up and he did. Mom picked me up to and it threw me off. She kissed my cheek and Yelena said "It was scary at first daddy but I was brave after." Dad nodded and said "Did you cry?" Yelena shook her head no and I said "Yes you did!" Yelena said "No I didn't!" I stuck my tongue out at her and she did the same. Mom sighed and said "Nat please." I rolled my eyes and said "She did it to!" Mom glared at me and said "After your influence." I sighed and said "Yes Ma'am." Yelena then said "Corn dog time! Please please please!" Dad sighed and said "1 more ride then you can get your corn dog." Yelena started throwing a fit and Mom said "Yelena that's enough." Yelena stopped and I said "You have to be good Yelena! Or no corn dog." Yelena looked scared and dad kissed her cheek.

We went on the last ride which ended up being us playing games and dad winning me and Yelena both a teddy bear. Yelena looked exhausted. Dad dragged us to the corn dog stand and got each of us one. Yelena's eyes lit up as she ate the corn dog. "Alright kiddos let's go to the car." Mom said and Yelena nodded. We started walking and I ate my corn dog while holding on tight to my teddy bear. Yelena did the same and I could hear our parents whispering behind us. Yelena then said "I love corn dogs." I smiled and said "You know what? I do to." She giggled and when we reached the car we both climbed in and buckled up. Within 5 minutes of leaving the carnival Yelena was asleep with her corn dog hanging out of her car seat and her teddy bear held close to her chest along with her mouth being wide open letting drool roll down her cheek. God I loved my sister.